NFL informs clubs about COVID outbreaks. [Merged] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they will make it mandatory, you will always have the choice, but they are making it really really hard on you if you decide not to lol

Every screams it’s not fair but I get it though, if someone dies from an outbreak or carelessness, the nfl would most likely be liable. They really don’t have a choice but to be strict. I think it’s more about covering their own butts than player rights. As with any job, if you aren’t providing a safe workplace, you’re gonna get sued. Covid is no different
In my place of employment, the policy is; if you have NOT BEEN VACCINATED and you came into direct contact with an infected person, it remains as always, you have to quarantine for 10 days, then get tested twice with two negative results, before you can return to work. If you HAVE BEEN VACCINATED and you came into direct contact with an infected person, you do not have to miss work and can remain working without having to be tested, or to quarantine.

The NFL says all players from both teams will not be paid, in the event one team is unable to play. I ask. What is the amount of players that is acceptable to still play the game? There are a lot of holes and grey areas for me with all players not being paid. That is BS!

Bro, you're vaccinated, right? Then what are you so worried about? Why do you want to infringe on "MY forkING FREEDOM" to decide what gets put into my body? All medicines have side-effects. This hasn't been tested and vetted nearly enough to know how it will affect people en masse. Which is why it's only been given "Emergency Approval" by the FDA.

Sad for St. PJ, it really sucks, he was a great poster, but it was his choice, right? I'm not vaccinated and have no plans to get it. I've been exposed to it intimately, multiple times, including my wife having it for over a week before we got her tested. I've gotten tested for the virus and anti-bodies multiple times. Why TF would I want to put that sheet into my body now?

Alot of us just get skeptical when we're hounded by sources that have been proven to be untrustworthy that we have to get it or else. And any time legitimate questions are raised, the asker gets banned from the interwebz. Demonitized, Deplatformed. or excoriated by posters like you and others on this forum. Do we not have the right to ask legitimate questions and decide what drugs are put into our bodies any more

In the end, aren’t we just seeing natural selection take place, unfortunately good people suffer from the choices that misinformed people make.

choices have consequences. players are not the exception.

In my place of employment, the policy is; if you have NOT BEEN VACCINATED and you came into direct contact with an infected person, it remains as always, you have to quarantine for 10 days, then get tested twice with two negative results, before you can return to work. If you HAVE BEEN VACCINATED and you came into direct contact with an infected person, you do not have to miss work and can remain working without having to be tested, or to quarantine.

The NFL says all players from both teams will not be paid, in the event one team is unable to play. I ask. What is the amount of players that is acceptable to still play the game? There are a lot of holes and grey areas for me with all players not being paid. That is BS!
The standard is different from business to business and it’s clear they are forcing hands. If this doesn’t go away, I wouldn’t be surprised if more employers start forcing hands as well. End of the day they can always not play or deal with the consequences. But the biggest factor is liability, you can’t have everyone doing what they want but then point fingers when things go wrong

The standard is different from business to business and it’s clear they are forcing hands. If this doesn’t go away, I wouldn’t be surprised if more employers start forcing hands as well. End of the day they can always not play or deal with the consequences. But the biggest factor is liability, you can’t have everyone doing what they want but then point fingers when things go wrong
I agree, in the sense employers need to limit their risk against any liability, 100%! But my point is. Not paying individuals, because others were at some fault of their own, is going to be a very tricky situation with this. The NFL has stated, neither team will be paid! So let’s say the opposing team, hypothetically, 100% vaccinated. And they are not going to get paid, because of the fault with a number of players on the opposing team? There is going to be an issue in court. The owners are essentially saying; don’t mess with my money. Well players (employees) are going to feel the same way. This is not going to end nice. Just watch, if a forfeiture happens.

Last edited:
Aye we be out here eating 20 piece McDonald's chicken nuggets, 30 grams of salt, 12 shots of , liquor, smoke a 2 pack a of cigarettes a day ..then be like I care what goes in my body 🤣🤣🤣 yall fake
But that does not directly impact someone else, from a health standpoint and their pay (compensation), like the NFL’s COVID policy.

Last edited:
Honest question (and I am for people taking the vaccine), why is Cole Beasley the athlete people keep hammering for his Covid takes when guys like Lebron, Sam Darnold, and Montez Sweat have all been against it, or are “waiting for further research”? Does Beasley really have a bigger following than those other players? What’s the deal?
For obvious reasons. He better fits the media’s stereotype of Trumps America.

Bro, you're vaccinated, right? Then what are you so worried about? Why do you want to infringe on "MY forkING FREEDOM" to decide what gets put into my body? All medicines have side-effects. This hasn't been tested and vetted nearly enough to know how it will affect people en masse. Which is why it's only been given "Emergency Approval" by the FDA.

Sad for St. PJ, it really sucks, he was a great poster, but it was his choice, right? I'm not vaccinated and have no plans to get it. I've been exposed to it intimately, multiple times, including my wife having it for over a week before we got her tested. I've gotten tested for the virus and anti-bodies multiple times. Why TF would I want to put that sheet into my body now?

Alot of us just get skeptical when we're hounded by sources that have been proven to be untrustworthy that we have to get it or else. And any time legitimate questions are raised, the asker gets banned from the interwebz. Demonitized, Deplatformed. or excoriated by posters like you and others on this forum. Do we not have the right to ask legitimate questions and decide what drugs are put into our bodies any more?
You are the reason they have to put......."don't drink the bleach on the bottom of the bottle." You do have the right to freedom of speech. You do not have a right to others platforms to do it. You do have the freedom to not take the vaccine. You do not have the freedom to walk among us, anywhere you want. That freedom doesn't shield you from the consequences of your actions. Go ask your mom and dad, why they vaccinated you to go to school. It was because they wouldn't let you in the door without it.

I agree, in the sense employers beed to limit their risk against any liability, 100%! But my point is. Not paying individuals, because others were at some fault of their own, is going to be a very tricky situation with this. The NFL has stated, neither team will be paid! So let’s say the opposing team, hypothetically, 100% vaccinated. And they are not going to get paid, because of the fault with a number of players on the opposing team? There is going to be an issue in court. The owners are essentially saying; don’t mess with my money. Well players (employees) are going to feel the same way. This is not going to end nice. Just watch, if a forfeiture happens.
Yeah last year they avoided it with the rescheduling of games. If I understand correctly, this is only in the event “they can’t reschedule it”, now what that looks like idk and how hard they will try to reschedule idk. Sounds like if it towards the end of the schedule or the dates can’t line up, they are SOL

just another way to try and get players to take the shot..
Well...yea. People need to take the shot.

You will regret it if you do.
I had my shot months ago, as did my wife. I got my 12-year-old daughter the shot as soon as it was available to her age group. I don't regret it at all. When will I know when I'm supposed to regret it?

I agree, in the sense employers beed to limit their risk against any liability, 100%! But my point is. Not paying individuals, because others were at some fault of their own, is going to be a very tricky situation with this. The NFL has stated, neither team will be paid! So let’s say the opposing team, hypothetically, 100% vaccinated. And they are not going to get paid, because of the fault with a number of players on the opposing team? There is going to be an issue in court. The owners are essentially saying; don’t mess with my money. Well players (employees) are going to feel the same way. This is not going to end nice. Just watch, if a forfeiture happens.

Less legally tricky than you think because the NFLPA agreed to it.

it will lead to numerous court filings by those that are able to play, but cannot play, due to not being paid because a certain number of players at a given position, or not enough players are available to play. Who decides, what is an acceptable amount of players, to play a game? Santa Claus? The tooth fairy?

No it won’t. It will be decided under the CBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom