NFL informs clubs about COVID outbreaks. [Merged] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the end, aren’t we just seeing natural selection take place, unfortunately good people suffer from the choices that misinformed people make.

Unfortunately it isnt that neat and simple..If deaths and hospitalizations were 100% along the lines of who‘s been vaxxed vs who hasn’t been vaxxed- then yeah, we could just say ‘Oh well, been nice knowing ya’.. but there is just so much we still dont know about Covid, and especially about the new Delta variant (not to even mention the new Lambda variant that’s been spotted. :covri: ) .. we dont know how susceptible kids under the age of 12 are, how susceptible infants are.. and even though the ‘breakthrough’ cases might only be 1 or 2% of vaccinated people , that’s still too many people dying becuase of the selfishness of others, when if we had, say 90% of the population vaccinated (versus the current 49%), then even those people wouldnt need to die… So, unfortunately, it is still in all of our best interests to get the folks who refuse to man up and get the vaccine protection, even though ttheyve turned it into a cultural and political hot button issue.

Last edited:
ETA I know im talking to a brick wall, i know people like yourself dont like ‘being told what to do’…

As an (unofficial) spokesperson for brick walls everywhere, we are offended by this comparison. We provide homes and infrastructure throughout the world, we are very good listeners and we are still undefeated at tennis...

With all the team liability, does anyone really believe an un vacinated player, will be activated on game day? It just not going to happen. The union has already signed off on this policy.

Bro, you're vaccinated, right? Then what are you so worried about? Why do you want to infringe on "MY forkING FREEDOM" to decide what gets put into my body? All medicines have side-effects. This hasn't been tested and vetted nearly enough to know how it will affect people en masse. Which is why it's only been given "Emergency Approval" by the FDA.

Sad for St. PJ, it really sucks, he was a great poster, but it was his choice, right? I'm not vaccinated and have no plans to get it. I've been exposed to it intimately, multiple times, including my wife having it for over a week before we got her tested. I've gotten tested for the virus and anti-bodies multiple times. Why TF would I want to put that sheet into my body now?

Alot of us just get skeptical when we're hounded by sources that have been proven to be untrustworthy that we have to get it or else. And any time legitimate questions are raised, the asker gets banned from the interwebz. Demonitized, Deplatformed. or excoriated by posters like you and others on this forum. Do we not have the right to ask legitimate questions and decide what drugs are put into our bodies any more?

I'll say it once again, not that it makes any difference:

No vaccine provides 100% immunity, including the COVID vaccines. If they did then current cases wouldn't be 99% unvaccinated, they'd be 100% unvaccinated.

More unvaccinated people = more people who can be easily infected = more chances for the virus the mutate into a vaccine resistant strain = BACK TO LOCKDOWN FOLKS! The unvaccinated put everyone at risk, particularly people who actually can't be vaccinated.

You don't have legitimate questions. You have nonsensical questions that have been raised by people who have themselves been vaccinated. But if they let on that they're vaccinated then their little grift ends.

Bro, you're vaccinated, right? Then what are you so worried about? Why do you want to infringe on "MY forkING FREEDOM" to decide what gets put into my body? All medicines have side-effects. This hasn't been tested and vetted nearly enough to know how it will affect people en masse. Which is why it's only been given "Emergency Approval" by the FDA.

Sad for St. PJ, it really sucks, he was a great poster, but it was his choice, right? I'm not vaccinated and have no plans to get it. I've been exposed to it intimately, multiple times, including my wife having it for over a week before we got her tested. I've gotten tested for the virus and anti-bodies multiple times. Why TF would I want to put that sheet into my body now?

Alot of us just get skeptical when we're hounded by sources that have been proven to be untrustworthy that we have to get it or else. And any time legitimate questions are raised, the asker gets banned from the interwebz. Demonitized, Deplatformed. or excoriated by posters like you and others on this forum. Do we not have the right to ask legitimate questions and decide what drugs are put into our bodies any more?

Language:

I suggest anyone who watches this try finding the full episode. You'll learn that everyone involved in the beginnings of the anti-vax movement is a grifter of the highest magnitude, including and especially that disgraced British doctor who put out the entirely discredited "vaccines cause autism" study in the '90s.

I'm worried about my son who is not vaccinated (and is too young to be) catching it from someone who refuses to get vaccinated.

I'm worried about my pregnant (but vaccinated) wife catching it from someone who is not vaccinated and having pregnancy issues.

I'm worried about my soon to be newborn child catching it.

I'm worried about my vaccinated parents being in the very unlucky but tiny minority of vaccinated people who catch it from someone that is unvaccinated and have a bad reaction.

I'm worried about new variants coming out that are harder for the vaccines to fight because people refuse to get vaccinated.

I'm worried about having to go back into a lockdown again because people refuse to get vaccinated.

I'm worried about exposures to people with covid and missed work or school.

There are tons of things to be worried about.

I think your statement and view that your decision not to get vaccinated effects only you is ignorant and selfish.

Last edited:
I agree, in the sense employers beed to limit their risk against any liability, 100%! But my point is. Not paying individuals, because others were at some fault of their own, is going to be a very tricky situation with this. The NFL has stated, neither team will be paid! So let’s say the opposing team, hypothetically, 100% vaccinated. And they are not going to get paid, because of the fault with a number of players on the opposing team? There is going to be an issue in court. The owners are essentially saying; don’t mess with my money. Well players (employees) are going to feel the same way. This is not going to end nice. Just watch, if a forfeiture happens.
Players get paid to play the game. If the game is not played, why should the players get paid? Players are paid during the season. That's why they get game checks. If they are suspended and miss games, they don't get paid for the games they don't play. It matters not why a game is cancelled.

The NFL loses money when a game is not played. Teams lose money when they don't play the game. At the end of the day, if it has to go to court, that's what the NFL and their highly paid lawyer teams will point out. Healthy covid-free players can get mad but at the end of the day, If the game is cancelled then there is no game check to be distributed.

The NFL is simply letting the players know that they are not going to "foot the bill" alone this year especially when there are steps that can be taken to prevent players from missing time. If there was a vaccine to prevent CTE do you think it wouldn't be written right into the every contract as a requirement to play?

The new COVID rules are pretty harsh but the NFL can do what they want. I don’t like it but it’s their decision.

For those who don’t want to get the vaccine, do what’s best for you. I don’t mind the skepticism when the US clearly and obviously fudged the numbers in the beginning and continue to push the narrative. Hope you continue to be safe.

For those who are vaccinated, hope you continue to be safe too. Everyone continue to make the best decision for you and your families.

I simply hope the league doesn’t force players to retire because of this like Hopkins essentially pondered.

I simply hope the league doesn’t force players to retire because of this like Hopkins essentially pondered.
The NFL won't force any players to retire. They may force players to follow their rules but they can't and won't force a player to retire. Some players may find the rules unacceptable and make a decision to not accept those rules but by no means will it be forced. Players have a choice.

The NFL won't force any players to retire. They may force players to follow their rules but they can't and won't force a player to retire. Some players may find the rules unacceptable and make a decision to not accept those rules but by no means will it be forced. Players have a choice.
Yeah, lots of people leave jobs because they don't like the direction management has taken things or feel the company is making unreasonable demands of them. I can't say I'm going to feel terribly bad for a multi-millionaire (several times over) if he does so.

Currently on vaccine dose number 4.

I hear at 5 doses I can control 5G with my mind.
You must have gotten a weak vaccine. I got great 5G service after my second dose. You can "turn off" the Bill Gates voice by staying away from microwave ovens for a few days. That's how they charge the chip....... 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom