NFL is apparently going to double down on the Clay Matthews penalty as "textbook example" of a foul (1 Viewer)

Maybe I have missed it, but has the league stated or shown what is the proper way to sack a QB while you are going 100 miles per hour to get to the QB before he throws the ball or just throws it out of bounds? This league is doing more and more to drive me away. I was a 20+ year subscriber to NFL Sunday Ticket. The last three years, the only reason I kept it was because I was able to call in and get it free or at a substantial discount. This year I called in and really just cancelled. I asked for discounts/deals on it or my bill. I wound up cancelling it. 20+ years I had gotten the Sunday Ticket. Gone now. The new rules making playing defense impossible. The London games. Thursday night games. Before the last two were happening, that would have been two more games on Sunday included with the Sunday Ticket. The price of Sunday Ticket goes up. The number of games provided is reduced. The hypocrisy of the NFL saying the new rules are for safety and the reduced overtime to 10:00 is for safety. Yet, they are pushing to add 2 games to the schedule. Yeah, I believe you are interested in player safety. All of this has led me to watch less and less football. For the first two weeks of the season, I have watched the Saints game and that has been it. And to tell the truth, I really didn't miss it. The product just doesn't interest me. If the NFL thinks that tackles like the Clay Matthews sack is a penalty, then I don't think the NFL is for me.

And the money that I would have spent on Sunday Ticket? I put that to purchasing NHL Center Ice. As my interest has gone down on the NFL, my interest in the NHL has gone up.

I killed the Sunday Ticket and Direct TV completely when I moved over the summer. Back to straight cable now.

Maybe I have missed it, but has the league stated or shown what is the proper way to sack a QB while you are going 100 miles per hour to get to the QB before he throws the ball or just throws it out of bounds? This league is doing more and more to drive me away. I was a 20+ year subscriber to NFL Sunday Ticket. The last three years, the only reason I kept it was because I was able to call in and get it free or at a substantial discount. This year I called in and really just cancelled. I asked for discounts/deals on it or my bill. I wound up cancelling it. 20+ years I had gotten the Sunday Ticket. Gone now. The new rules making playing defense impossible. The London games. Thursday night games. Before the last two were happening, that would have been two more games on Sunday included with the Sunday Ticket. The price of Sunday Ticket goes up. The number of games provided is reduced. The hypocrisy of the NFL saying the new rules are for safety and the reduced overtime to 10:00 is for safety. Yet, they are pushing to add 2 games to the schedule. Yeah, I believe you are interested in player safety. All of this has led me to watch less and less football. For the first two weeks of the season, I have watched the Saints game and that has been it. And to tell the truth, I really didn't miss it. The product just doesn't interest me. If the NFL thinks that tackles like the Clay Matthews sack is a penalty, then I don't think the NFL is for me.

And the money that I would have spent on Sunday Ticket? I put that to purchasing NHL Center Ice. As my interest has gone down on the NFL, my interest in the NHL has gone up.
Yeah I quit Sunday ticket. I kept it for a couple years even though half the time I was in the Dome. I just loved it for Fantasy Football back when I was in 5 big money leagues. But with MNF, SNF, and TNF, sometimes there weren’t but one or two late games that were being shown local.

I killed the Sunday Ticket and Direct TV completely when I moved over the summer. Back to straight cable now.

We will be going completely off the grid in this context.
Our AT&T bill is over $500 a month and that’s just plain silly.

Can you guys imagine:
Montana
Marino
Elway
Favre
Folks like that with these pursey rules?
28 rings and more yards than Bezos has money.

Well it's one thing for them to try to defend their officiating after the fact on such a critical call that determined the outcome of the game when a reversal will do nothing. In game, however, it can actually be reversed. With that said, you're right: the panel may need to be re-elected. I've long believed the NFL won't change officials because they can control these guys and have them call games to have the best outcome for the NFL. Otherwise, how can a multi-billion dollar business not have a program for referees? A program that you apply for, get accepted to and train for years before you "graduate" to officiating. The officials should be full time employees, not Dr. Joe Blow that calls game when he's not operating.

It was the officials that fought against being full time employees during the last CBA negotiations between the NFLRA and the league. As far as the league controlling the outcome of games by using colluding with the refs, I say BS until you can show actual FACTUAL proof. Not just supposition. The NFL isn't that crap they call NBA. Not only did they ruin there own game they went and ruined the college game with the "1 and done" BS.

We are about to do the same thing. I've killed Sunday Ticket and am about to switch over to Charter. I will be saving $75/mth after the switch.

Oh and here is something funny. I called DTV over the weekend to see about lowering my bill. I told them it had gotten to be too much monthly. The rep put me on hold and came back with a "great offer." Rep said that they could add Showtime for only $6.99/mth. I told her that is adding to my bill. I called in to reduce my bill. I was put on hold again. Rep said that I if I added a new cell phone line to my AT&T bill, I could get $15/mth off my bill. I said that is still adding to my expenses. I just ended the call and told the rep that I would call back. I am off of work Friday so I will probably head to the Charter office here in Slidell and see what they can do and see if I can beat the offer online that saves me $75/mth. Yeah I'm being greedy.

whar is wrong with the NFL...I’m serious......Why do they keep putting this crap out ......it’s like they don’t want anybody watching it anymore.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom