NFL is coming to Winnipeg to check out Bisons' lineman (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
NFL is coming to Winnipeg to check out Bisons' lineman

By Paul Friesen -- Winnipeg Sun

The NFL is coming to Winnipeg – again.

Just one year after U of M Bisons defensive lineman David Onyemata's unprecedented pro-day attracted scouts from more than half of the NFL's teams, resulting in Onyemata being drafted and cracking the New Orleans Saints roster, offensive lineman Geoff Gray will have his own NFL showcase.

Gray's big day is set for March 30 at the soccer complex in south Winnipeg, where NFL reps will put him through the paces to see if they might want to spend a draft pick on the 6-foot-6, 310-pound Winnipegger.

“That would be the best case,” Gray told the Winnipeg Sun, Thursday. “But there are still guys who have successful careers just signing as a free agent. It wouldn't be the end of the world by any means.”

No it wouldn't. That is, after all, how the first Bison to make the NFL, Israel Idonije, did it. Idonije, the Cinderella story out of Brandon, went on to a decade-long career down south.

Last year, Onyemata began a similar against-all-odds trek, even one-upping Idonije by becoming the first Bison selected in the NFL draft.

MORE -- Sun

With Payton's comment about this being a weak draft for OL, I'm sure the Saints will be there. Feel free to chime in, Guillermo.

If this guy has any potential, we should be up there checking him out. I agree with El Caliente, it don't matter where the talent is coming from, just as long as we get the talent we need.

With Payton's comment about this being a weak draft for OL, I'm sure the Saints will be there. Feel free to chime in, Guillermo.

Frankly Dan, I have no clue about this guy. The only ones I can give some thoughts are the linemen of Université Laval, Université de Montréal and Calgary.

The CFL draft comes right after the NFL. Soon we will be getting more information and I will post it as it comes available.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom