NFL Labor Agreemen (1 Viewer)

austin, Gene Upshaw is the problem. Maybe a bit of the owners fault too. the thing I get from the NFLPA is that they think they can run a team from an ownership standpoint when in reality they can't because they just a union. the current CBA contract was ham fisted and heavily favored towards the Union and big time franchises and now some small market teams are crying foul because their piece of the pie isn't as big as they would like it to be. the players only care about themselves or maybe better said the union only cares about itself, most of them, Upshaw included have no clue about how to run a NFL team.

I think in theory the 1993 CBA was much fairer to both sides, but the league grew so much in the interim that it became impossible to control when the rubber hit the road a few years back. Upshaw does his best for the union but he isn't an owner. HE does not know how to run a team. Hell neither does the NFLPA. You need creative minds in doing a CBA contract, some one who can do the best for both sides, not be totally in favor of one side like it is now.

Unfortunetly creative minds are in short supply these days both sides, and neither Gene Upshaw nor some of the owners fit into that category. All they do is complain and spout off meaningless rhetoric which we see now these days in the media

Honestly, where in the world can these players go and make that kind of money and be treated the way that they do.

I said this back in the day when they had that strike in the late 80's. Be fair and make an offer. The players either play or they can work at McDonalds, which is the best that 50% of them will be able to do. Let them have a taste of what life is for a regular person.

Anyway, play with replacements and don't give in. Watch as player after player cross the line and start playing. Don't make any agreements with the union until everyone crosses so that on one gets the cold shoulder (scab)

Eventually, everyone will cross the line and all the players will come back to the game. Now, we will have to suffer for a season or so until all the players come back.

yeah i'm with the owners....sure players make this league, but were would they be without the owners? the real business men.....I dont think the employees should be telling the employers what they should be getting paid....but I also think its should be cut down the middle when it comes to all 32 teams getting a piece of the pie, it should be even...and they need to do something about these contracts cause there getting so big that the league isnt as entertaining anymore (well thats a big stretch) because of the player movement and guys just wanted to be the highest player paid in the league (like a badge of honor) instead of lusting for championships, they would much rather just play for the highest bidder regardless of success...i cant stand that.

Thanks for clearing that up guys. Everytime I see or hear Gene Upshaw's name it usually associated with a negative sotry. I hope that it would not come down to a strike. What more do the players want?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom