Edited NFL launching a streaming service called NFL+ (2 Viewers)

I bet the annual option to stream live games for the entire year will be around 300 to 400 dollars.
I doubt it will have the option to stream live games unless they are considering abandoning the Sunday Ticket system and be willing to be paid less by the major networks for their contracts. It will likely have "classic" games available since the NFL owns the rights to every game after the live broadcast is over. I would also like to see them have teaching shows given by former players and coaches on techniques, WR route trees, blocking assignments and such. Also, segments by front office personnel on cap management and why a team has more cap space than another or how a team can message the cap to make space. That could make the average fan more knowledgeable and increase their enjoyment of the game.

Yea, the NFL streaming service, can do for football, what pay preview did for championship boxing.

Boxing: Pay per view

MMA : Free on ESPN

When was the last time you cared about BOXING?

Yea, the NFL streaming service, can do for football, what pay preview did for championship boxing.

You would be surprised. Those PPV boxing events still pull numbers. The problem is they only have one good fight once a month if we're lucky.

And the "free" MMA fights are free until the main event. The undercards are free.

I think the NFL is trying to get 2.5 billion from Amazon for it. If they want to make that kind of money on their own if they charge $300 a year they would need over 8 million subscribers. According to this article Driect TV was only getting about 2 million subs a year.

DirecTV has paid about $1.5 billion per year for “Sunday Ticket” for the past seven seasons and currently charges about $300 for the package as an add-on. The satellite TV provider also now offers “Sunday Ticket” as a component of its “Choice,” “Ultimate,” and “Premier” pay-TV packages.

DirecTV has lost money on “Sunday Ticket” for many years. At its current $300 price point, DirecTV would need 5 million subscribers to break even. DirecTV has averaged closer to 2 million “Sunday Ticket” subscribers for many years, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Fun fact: I had one of those giant dishes back in the 90s and when ST first came along, I got it on there. The price? $79.

I think the NFL is trying to get 2.5 billion from Amazon for it. If they want to make that kind of money on their own if they charge $300 a year they would need over 8 million subscribers. According to this article Driect TV was only getting about 2 million subs a year.

DirecTV has paid about $1.5 billion per year for “Sunday Ticket” for the past seven seasons and currently charges about $300 for the package as an add-on. The satellite TV provider also now offers “Sunday Ticket” as a component of its “Choice,” “Ultimate,” and “Premier” pay-TV packages.

DirecTV has lost money on “Sunday Ticket” for many years. At its current $300 price point, DirecTV would need 5 million subscribers to break even. DirecTV has averaged closer to 2 million “Sunday Ticket” subscribers for many years, according to a person familiar with the matter.

I don't understand how the NFL is this stupid. They could easily eclipse the 2 million subscriber mark if they had packages that make sense. Millions of people would pay for a package that was only their favorite team or division.

If this streaming service is just going to be the local games... what's... the .... blanking ... point? NFL is like Blockbuster video on this point, they're just not getting the changing market. People live all over now and have lots of things competing for their attention. No matter how hard they make it for me to see Saints games, I'm not just going to watch Falcons games because it's on in the local area. I'll find something else to do. This idea of local markets their holding to is archaic and stupid.

I'm a huge boxing fan, its still pretty huge, Errol Spence almost sold out ATT stadium in 2020.

I updated the original post to reflect it is no longer a rumor. The article talks about many aspects, but these are the ones pertaining to the NFL+ streaming service:

NFL+ will provide fans access to live local and national NFL games on mobile devices, live out-of-market preseason games across all devices, live local and national audio for every game, NFL Network shows on-demand, NFL Films archives and more

You would be surprised. Those PPV boxing events still pull numbers. The problem is they only have one good fight once a month if we're lucky.

And the "free" MMA fights are free until the main event. The undercards are free.
About 12 times a year UFC has a PPV on eSPN+ which costs about 80 dollars each. They do incredible numbers. Very healthy business. It’s usually 5 high profile fights on the PPV card. The prelims are free on espn platforms.

Do you know the pay difference between MMA and boxing? Boxing PPV makes the UFC look like a local access tv. Connor's biggest payday was when he tried to fight Floyd.

They’re still gonna have games on local TV.

watch the reddit streams be better quality than the official NFL product, lmao

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom