Edited NFL launching a streaming service called NFL+ (1 Viewer)

Am I missing something? Don’t they already have gamepass? They don’t need to create anything, they just need to unblock the live game restriction.
Yeah I live abroad and I get Gamepass every year. It’s a much better service than Sunday Ticket. I can watch games from previous years and of course I get every NFL game. It’s less than $300 a year I think.

Provided below is a breakdown of the NFL+ and NFL+ Premium products:

NFL+
Live local and primetime games on mobile and tablet devices
Live out-of-market preseason games across all devices
Live game audio (home, away and national calls) for every game of the season
NFL library programming on-demand (ad-free)
$4.99/month or $39.99/year

NFL+ Premium (includes features of product formerly known as NFL Game Pass)
All features of NFL+
Full game replays across devices (ad-free)
Condensed game replays across devices (ad-free)
Coaches Film including All-22 (ad-free)
$9.99/month or $79.99/year

Last edited:

NFL+

All features of NFL+
Not bad imo.

Bally+ is $20 per month for the Pelicans games and their broadcasting is horrible. I'd imagine NFL+ will be in the 40-50$ range monthly.
Guess I won't be watching Pelicans game again this year either. Team is stupid for re-upping with them.

NFL+

All features of NFL+
This isn't bad. With this plan how do I get to watch the Saints game if I am out of town? Do I need to download VPN? I know games are restricted to your market.

This isn't bad. With this plan how do I get to watch the Saints game if I am out of town? Do I need to download VPN? I know games are restricted to your market.

well there are several ways they might determine your "home team"
(if) geolocation, then your home team would be wherever you are located
(if) billing zip code, then you could potentially view your games even if you are far away from where the home team is

hopefully it is not too restrictive and they just use billing zip code

but (if) you need a vpn to "set" your geolocation, you'd probably need a vpn that has a location in, or around New Orleans... and usually VPNS have servers in larger cities, like Houston, Dallas, Atlanta etc

* I just did a quick search and found three: privateinternetaccess, strongvpn, ipvanish all have a server location in New Orleans

(if) billing zip code, then you could potentially view your games even if you are far away from where the home team is

but (if) you need a vpn to "set" your geolocation, you'd probably need a vpn that has a location in, or around New Orleans... and usually VPNS have servers in larger cities, like Houston, Dallas, Atlanta etc

* I just did a quick search and found three: privateinternetaccess, strongvpn, ipvanish all have a server location in New Orleans
Thanks for the research. Never did it this way.

edit: updated info

NFL+

All features of NFL+
Why would anyone pay for this? I get the radio broadcast on Sirius. I can see replays anywhere. I can watch local games on the tv. This is repackaged Game Pass.....another ridiculous offering.

Why would anyone pay for this? I get the radio broadcast on Sirius. I can see replays anywhere. I can watch local games on the tv. This is repackaged Game Pass.....another ridiculous offering.
Guess this isn't for you. Other people may not have access that can log in right away and watch it without the hassle of searching all over the internet for it. It is there if it works for those people. For others, like yourself, it is a personal choice.

NFL+

All features of NFL+
I wonder if it’ll be included with the purchase of season tickets like GamePass was since it’s essentially just a cheaper, repackaged version.

GamePass was $99.99 and they’d send a 100% off code to STH in late-August.

I just got an email that my GamePass account will automatically be switched over to NFL+. They also confirmed that it will be$79.99 making it $20 cheaper than GamePass. I will be automatically billed August 1.

Hopefully the platform works better than GamePass did, but I have a sneaky suspicion that it's going to be the same platform (very slow) but with a new name.

Ah well, at least it's cheaper. I thought $100 to watch Saints games the same day was a pretty good deal since I was out of market. All I had to do was avoid scores until a couple hours after the game was over.

I am going to experiment with this to see how I can make this work for me this season. Neither of my VPNs have NOLA locations.

I am going to experiment with this to see how I can make this work for me this season. Neither of my VPNs have NOLA locations.

yeah, N.O is kind of a small city. I did a search for some of the more popular/reputable VPNS and only found those 3 that had a N.O location. There could be other options out there, b/c I didn't look for that long

Yeah I downloaded it. Came up to $32.00 a year once tax is added. So far it’s got lots of sensory overload. Crashes at times. Reading the reviews. Lots of one and two stars. Also does lots of flashing on Roku. Hopefully I won’t get a seizure from all this. I have to keep plugging in my info for anything to load for some reason. Hoping they fix the kinks in this thing or I want my $30 back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom