NFL/NBA now have a Donald Sterling problem with Gayle Benson (1 Viewer)

Developer

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Rodney Henry, Tom Benson's longtime assistant, claims racial discrimination, harassment by Benson's wife

Lawsuit: Ex-Tom Benson assistant claims he was racially harassed by wife Gayle, treated 'with disdain and disrespect' | The Advocate

Tom Benson's Former Assistant Sues Wife Gayle over Alleged Racial Discrimination | Bleacher Report

Rodney Henry, Tom Benson's longtime assistant, claims racial discrimination, harassment by Benson's wife | NOLA.com

"Henry in 2014 heard Gayle Benson say, "I hate that black son of a ***** and am going to get rid of him," according to the filing, among other incidents described in the lawsuit."

"Henry claims the Saints retaliated against him after he was deposed in a lawsuit questioning Tom Benson's mental health."

"Henry was allegedly forced to stay in a room that featured child-sized bunk beds and didn't have towels or air conditioning."

There's no Donald Sterling problem unless this guy has a recording or some actual proof.

While I find her alleged behavior reprehensible, comparing her to Sterling is a bit of a reach. That being said, it does appears that the 3 R's may be on to something.

i guess the only positive would be if he had to sell the team to somebody completely new... who would continue to do the best for the Saints in NEW ORLEANS.

nobody wants the three Rs in charge, but if a sale is imminent, sell it to a third party dedicated to keeping the team and growing the team in New Orleans

definitely not good to go through this every offseason

Between Benson's kids/grandkids saying he's manipulating an old man, her established history of being sued for not paying her bills and now this, it seems like it might be tough to get her through the ownership committee if/when the time comes.

Although this sounds like the r's are running a smear campaign.

When all else fails claim racism.

The man worked for Benson for over 25 years! If you think this is a fabricated story, so be it. Not once did he make a claim against Benson, in fact, his claims paints Benson in a positive light. When it comes to Gayle, I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger...

wow....so many here are willing to believe this butthurt black guy, and throw gayleand tom under the bus...just a note to yall, believing the black guy doesnt automatically make you a better person..actually it makes you a racist

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom