NFL/NBA now have a Donald Sterling problem with Gayle Benson (1 Viewer)

If you want to injure someone's character in the public eye, accuse them of racism. The accused is almost never awarded the benefit of the doubt.

So if the three Rs are scheming to disparage Gayle, this is a huge strike. Again, even if it's thrown out and never materializes, the seed of doubt is now planted and every question about Gayle going forward will be passed through a "she's allegedly a racist" filter.

I know little to nothing about Gayle Benson. I couldn't vouch for her if my life depended on it. However, with everything else going between the Bensons, I take everything with a grain of salt.

If these accusations are true, it's deeply troubling as a fan of this franchise. I choose to award her the benefit of the doubt for now.

This family stuff is ugly business and when theres millions on the line, it's all the more disgusting.

We may have to prepare for a lot more of these sleazy accusations before all this is settled.

If you want to injure someone's character in the public eye, accuse them of racism. The accused is almost never awarded the benefit of the doubt.

So if the three Rs are scheming to disparage Gayle, this is a huge strike. Again, even if it's thrown out and never materializes, the seed of doubt is now planted and every question about Gayle going forward will be passed through a "she's allegedly a racist" filter.

I know little to nothing about Gayle Benson. I couldn't vouch for her if my life depended on it. However, with everything else going between the Bensons, I take everything with a grain of salt.

If these accusations are true, it's deeply troubling as a fan of this franchise. I choose to award her the benefit of the doubt for now.

This family stuff is ugly business and when theres millions on the line, it's all the more disgusting.

We may have to prepare for a lot more of these sleazy accusations before all this is settled.

the entire issue with this situation is this:

Are the 3Rs butthurt that Dad/Grandad took the keys to the playroom away?

Yes.

Is Rita a major b-word?

Yes.

Is Gayle a gold digger?

Yes.

Is she the reason the Rs got cut off?

Yes.

Did the Rs deserve to get cut off?

Yes.

None of this is positive if all you want is solid, winning football 25-ish sundays out of the year.

As I've said before, I don't think the NFL would approve the three R's or Gayle as owner of this franchise once Tom is gone. They know Rita...and want no part of her. Gayle on the other hand, doesn't have the big business experience or family structure around her. Add this claim to the equation and it's a real mess. When Tom is gone, the future seems to be quite cloudy. Duncan's suggestion to sell the franchise might not look so silly now. You want the transition clean and clear if at all possible when the day comes. This situation is anything but clean and clear right now.

My question is why say it now, if not for gain, instead of putting in your original suit? This all seems suspect.

My question is why say it now, if not for gain, instead of putting in your original suit? This all seems suspect.

It is very suspicious that this did not become a claim until the original claim was deemed to fall under the NFL's jurisdiction because of a clause in his employment contract. Only then did these claims suddenly appear. It is suspect that a claim so serious as this was not brought out in the original suit or even sooner.

It is very suspicious that this did not become a claim until the original claim was deemed to fall under the NFL's jurisdiction because of a clause in his employment contract. Only then did these claims suddenly appear. It is suspect that a claim so serious as this was not brought out in the original suit or even sooner.

My thoughts exactly.

Not hard to imagine why. I'm guessing the racial stuff and mistreatment were bad for that guy, but not insanely bad enough on a long-term, day to day basis, where it would be worthy of a lawsuit. I'm sure, considering how Tom came to his defense, that he probably is fond of Tom, and considering they had a long, intimate working relationship and probably a close friendship, he might have preferred to handle his pursuit of back pay in a way that harmed Mr Benson as little as possible. When that didn't work out, then it was time to stop pulling punches and bring out the big guns.

Also, $50,000 a year to work 10-14 hour days as a millionaire's personal assistant seems like chump change.

This is just another last resort for the 3 R' to get The team out of Mr. Benson. I hope Benson sells the team to Peyton Manning and Archie Manning.ASAP

I'm so sick of hearing this, the Manning's can afford about 10% of the Saints and even that would be stretching it.

Obviously...pointing out his color was wrong. But she didn't say that she was going to get rid of him because he was black...and she didn't say that she hated him because he was black. The Sterling statements were infinitely worse.

the entire issue with this situation is this:

Are the 3Rs butthurt that Dad/Grandad took the keys to the playroom away?

Yes.

Is Rita a major b-word?

Yes.

Is Gayle a gold digger?

Yes.

Is she the reason the Rs got cut off?

Yes.

Did the Rs deserve to get cut off?

Yes.

None of this is positive if all you want is solid, winning football 25-ish sundays out of the year.
Gayle is not the reason they three R's were cut off. Renee had huge issues with Tom's second wife as well. The only changes that have occurred were whatever Rita did to earn a suspension and Tom nearing the end of his life, and seeing the struggle for his fortune start.

Renee and Tom Roddy made a play to take control of the empire, and Benson caught it and put a stop to it. Gayle was a factor, but in no way the reason this has all played out in this manner.

Obviously...pointing out his color was wrong. But she didn't say that she was going to get rid of him because he was black...and she didn't say that she hated him because he was black. The Sterling statements were infinitely worse.

IF she even said it at all!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom