NFL Network’s Peter Schrager says Sean Payton gave the Saints a pep talk before they beat the Raiders [Edit: Kamara denies report, Schrager apologizes (1 Viewer)

Honestly, this just keeps on getting more embarrassing by the news cycle for Loomis and his decision to promote Allen.

We cant blame Allen too much. He was 8-28 coming in. His record was out there. He wasnt a good coach in Oakland. There were some warnings from Raider Nation that people took as disgruntled former employer type stuff. Or they blamed the franchise for being a dumpster fire. So they hire Allen, and this team takes a half season to light a match in a new dumpster. Shocking.

It was predictable. Like the World Cup being a disaster in Qatar. Some things you see from miles away.

But Im not kidding myself, this season is Loomis' turd. Aint no way to polish it, so you have to flush and get yourself a fresh pot of water.
I could see why Loomis would go with Allen in the name of continuity.
He was hoping for a Steelers like situation where Allen would last about 10-15 seasons after 16 seasons with Payton.
And it was easy to dismiss Allen’s Raiders record as the work of a dysfunctional organization.
But as the weeks go by, it’s showing that this is who Allen is.

I could see why Loomis would go with Allen in the name of continuity.
He was hoping for a Steelers like situation where Allen would last about 10-15 seasons after 16 seasons with Payton.
And it was easy to dismiss Allen’s Raiders record as the work of a dysfunctional organization.
But as the weeks go by, it’s showing that this is who Allen is.

Im not dismissing any of that, that was the logic behind Allen for Loomis, but at this point it just looks lazy and naive.

People bought into the Raiders dysfunctional garbage despite being a .500 team the 2 years before he arrived and .593 the 2 years after he left. They were .222 during Allens 2 1/4 seasons. It seems like there was at the very least some writing on the wall.

I just dont know if Allen was ever going to be the Mike Tomlin after Bill Cowher. I also think continuity was a farce without the 2 guys almost completely responsible for what was built here. Shouldve been a rebuild from the moment Payton walked out the door.

Im not dismissing any of that, that was the logic behind Allen for Loomis, but at this point it just looks lazy and naive.

People bought into the Raiders dysfunctional garbage despite being a .500 team the 2 years before he arrived and .593 the 2 years after he left. They were .222 during Allens 2 1/4 seasons. It seems like there was at the very least some writing on the wall.

I just dont know if Allen was ever going to be the Mike Tomlin after Bill Cowher. I also think continuity was a farce without the 2 guys almost completely responsible for what was built here. Shouldve been a rebuild from the moment Payton walked out the door.
I agree.
Personally, I think firing Allen at the end of the season is the right move.
The more attainable form of continuity is rebuilding after Payton, even if it’s a similar run to ‘14-‘16.

I agree.
Personally, I think firing Allen at the end of the season is the right move.
The more attainable form of continuity is rebuilding after Payton, even if it’s a similar run to ‘14-‘16.
I was just speaking to a co-worker in the hall way (he greeted me with a laugh and said) "are yall going to get a win" and we proceeded to talk about how he did not think it was a good hire to begin with, but also during the conversation it was pointed out that DA did not sign a contract with the Saints to become the HC but was promoted from the DC position to HC so does that make it easier for the Saints to fire him if essentially it would be like firing your defensive coordinator?

I was just speaking to a co-worker in the hall way (he greeted me with a laugh and said) "are yall going to get a win" and we proceeded to talk about how he did not think it was a good hire to begin with, but also during the conversation it was pointed out that DA did not sign a contract with the Saints to become the HC but was promoted from the DC position to HC so does that make it easier for the Saints to fire him if essentially it would be like firing your defensive coordinator?

The most telling part of the whole thing was, no one else wanted Allen. And I dont buy that he had some gentlemans agreement in place with Loomis. It makes more sense that he have other suitors to either drive up his price, or get the Saints to move quicker. He had 1 interview with another team, Chicago maybe, but it was canceled before it happened - and before the Saints hired Allen.

I think around the league, most higher ups probably though, they really went with that guy huh?

I think it might be easier. It’s not like you’re firing someone out of the franchise after one year.
It’s like you promote someone at a company somewhere, but find out he’s way under qualified.

The most telling part of the whole thing was, no one else wanted Allen. And I dont buy that he had some gentlemans agreement in place with Loomis. It makes more sense that he have other suitors to either drive up his price, or get the Saints to move quicker. He had 1 interview with another team, Chicago maybe, but it was canceled before it happened - and before the Saints hired Allen.

I think around the league, most higher ups probably though, they really went with that guy huh?
Just from my memory, I remember some in the media giving the benefit of the doubt when some picked the Saints as a Wild Card.

I think it might be easier. It’s not like you’re firing someone out of the franchise after one year.
It’s like you promote someone at a company somewhere, but find out he’s way under qualified.

Im with you. This situation is not the same as firing other guys after 1 year. Its just not. I think there are 3 reasons you dont fire a head coach after 1 season:

1) Its a first time HC
2) You are clearly in a rebuild and/or trying to establish a franchise as a winner
3) If the coach has prior HC experience and had a record somewhere hovering around .500

Allen is in his 2nd stint, and has proven the 1st stint was an accurate measure of his ability. And this team had enough talent - if Payton were still the coach - to be leading the division or at least tied for the division lead right now.

The logic from the outside will be... ok, he was 8-28, came to a franchise with the 2nd most wins over a 5 year period, and went 4-13, 5-12. He is who we though he was.

This is still Payton’s team and that’s a challenge for Allen. People have talked about the loss of CJGJ being a letdown but now that I’m not clouded by optimism, I see that losing a coach like Payton took a lot of wind out of the sails of this team. Really it doesn’t seem like a surprise that they look flat and unmotivated. As much as fans hated Payton leaving, consider the effect it had on the players.
well, also how much of a suprise it was in how it transpired.

Ill look at it a different way.. if true.. how mentally weak is a team that only plays when given a rah rah speech?

well, also how much of a suprise it was in how it transpired.

Ill look at it a different way.. if true.. how mentally weak is a team that only plays when given a rah rah speech?
I think our win had more to do with how bad the Raiders were, we're talented w/ bad coaching....they're lackluster talent wise with just as bad coaching.

She's no Ciara, but BB ain't that bad.

More like setting them up with one of the Wayans Bros. from White Chicks.
Much like @BayouSAINTJoe, my age won’t allow me to comment on BB. I can’t fall for that trap😂……..however, IF was around her age, she would be alluringly trashy enough for what would be some semi-“positive” comments. I’m try real hard to watch what I say on various social media accounts, so when I run for President in 2024, nothing will come back to bite me. #kickthedoorin2024#whynotme#letmein

And yes, she and many upon many others are not and can never be Ciara😍😍😍😍.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom