NFL Network’s Peter Schrager says Sean Payton gave the Saints a pep talk before they beat the Raiders [Edit: Kamara denies report, Schrager apologizes (1 Viewer)

Edit: I misunderstood the comment of no one wanting Allen actually meaning no team wanted him. But the rest still stands.

That's just not true. Allen had his share of supporters. There were more than a handful of posters here who liked the idea of continuity and building on the talent the team already had and thought Winston would perform better than he has.

It's just revisionist history to say no one wanted Allen. I wanted Allen over some of the other coaches interviewed. There were other coaches I wanted, but they either got hired or the Saints didn't interview them. I was thinking Bienemy would be the pick.

I think Allen has been worse than expected and if the team doesn't improve between now and the end of the season, I hope the team moves on from him. I think we've seen enough to know he's not the answer.
I disagree with the revisionist part and that many people settled for Allen and bought the continuity rationale. Some posters were very opposed to hiring Allen, one guy got banned, I think. We're just going through the motions at this point, hoping that Loomis doesn't do what we fear the most-give him another year.

I disagree with the revisionist part and that many people settled for Allen and bought the continuity rationale. Some posters were very opposed to hiring Allen, one guy got banned, I think. We're just going through the motions at this point, hoping that Loomis doesn't do what we fear the most-give him another year.
A lot of posters opposed hiring Allen, and posters don't get banned for that reason. They get banned for violating the site TOS.

That said, there were more than a few supporting Allen as well. It is revisionist to say that didn't happen. You can go back and read for yourself, but it's there.

I don't know who's going through the motions, but I don't think firing him at this point helps anything. Wait until the regular season is over and see who's out there before firing Allen. Maybe there's a non-playoff them with a potential HC, or wait until one becomes available after the playoffs.

I'll look forward to the flood of posters recanting and retracting all the things they decided this bogus news 'proved', then.

#narrative 🙄

Well, it was reported as news. I don't see why anyone should apologize for reacting to it.

When the news that Payton visited the Saints facility before the Raiders game came out, I though it would've been really bad form for Allen to allow Payton to address the team, and I didn't believe he would've done it.

However, when it was actually reported as having happened, I believed it and reacted.

Glad to hear it didn't happen. Would've been ridiculous.

Well, it was reported as news. I don't see why anyone should apologize for reacting to it.

When the news that Payton visited the Saints facility before the Raiders game came out, I though it would've been really bad form for Allen to allow Payton to address the team, and I didn't believe he would've done it.

However, when it was actually reported as having happened, I believed it and reacted.

Glad to hear it didn't happen. Would've been ridiculous.
So, by that logic, your reaction now would be to be delighted with Allen's leadership, for not permitting any such pep talk?

Of course, I kid, I'm not expecting that to be your reaction. I was instead making the general observation that almost every piece of news about the team lately is being merrily interpreted as evidence of the coaching inadequacies of DA. Fact is, it's all overanalyzing, he's having a terrible season whichever way you look at it. Looking for yet more reasons to stick the knife into the man won't really make us feel that much better about it.

So the dude just made it up? Lol what the? You can't be running around making up fake stories like that. Not when you're supposed to be a credible person. He says he's going to own it, well okay. That's the least you can do.

So the dude just made it up? Lol what the? You can't be running around making up fake stories like that. Not when you're supposed to be a credible person. He says he's going to own it, well okay. That's the least you can do.
In 2008 i ran for office in the Shreveport area and I had a reporter completely make up a story that nearly got me fired from my regular job. I had a door to door neighborhood canvassing scheduled that I had sent out a press release stating what neighborhood I would be at and time I would be there. I ended up having to work so I didn’t go. But some reporter wrote an article saying she talked to me out there in the neighborhood and had quotes from me. So when my bosses saw the article they were like “hmmm, you had somewhere you were supposed to be that day.” I ended up contacting her and getting her to call my boss and admit she assumed I had gone and made it up.

Right? This isn't Joe Blow on Twitter with 1,000 followers and a fake checkmark. This was a reputable reporter from NFL Network. Shame on some of the fans for actually believing him like some of these high and mighty fans are calling us out for now that it's been proven false.

I think this is even more damaging for DA, it confirms he doesn't have it.

Arguably I think if DA would give up play calling, hire a new OC, draft a rookie QB and just focus on HC duties he’d improve.

Loom

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom