NFL network.Charles Grant Stabbed in Neck {mega-merged} (2 Viewers)

Although he was injured in an incident at a Blakely, Ga., bar early Sunday morning, Saints defensive end Charles Grant was no instigator or willing participant, according to police.

Capt. Will Caudill, chief investigator for the Early County Sheriff's Office, said that though the fracas is still under investigation, there appears to be no connection between Grant and a pregnant woman who died after being struck by gunfire, and Grant was a victim, not a perpetrator.
http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-4/1202192532306030.xml&coll=1

Although he was injured in an incident at a Blakely, Ga., bar early Sunday morning, Saints defensive end Charles Grant was no instigator or willing participant, according to police.

Capt. Will Caudill, chief investigator for the Early County Sheriff's Office, said that though the fracas is still under investigation, there appears to be no connection between Grant and a pregnant woman who died after being struck by gunfire, and Grant was a victim, not a perpetrator.
http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-4/1202192532306030.xml&coll=1

This is the best thing I've read all morning.:plus-un2:

Thank god Grant was not affiliated in all of this..GET WELL SOON BIG BOY!!

So Charles was not involved as previously thought.
Earlier reports also suggested it was a knife. This claims bottle.

Althought it's still a horrible tragedy, it seems that due to the involvement of an NFL player this was blown out of proportion a bit.

I just read the article and it even states that Charles was not only not the instigator of this fight....he wasn't even drinking that night. Great news. Most importantly, however, I am glad he is doing very well and only required stitching.

"There were a couple of young men in there fighting, but Charles was not part of the fight," Tolley said. "He's a big guy. He kind of stands out in a crowd. This wasn't one of those deals where Charles went in and started a fight. He wasn't even drinking. I think that's important for people to know."

To those that underestimate drafting/signing "character guys", here you go.

And I think the above quote clears up any of the talk that Charles was out "getting wasted" as I read another poster say yesterday. Charles has always been thought of as a good guy and this doesn't change that at all, it only reinforces it.

"Clearly, whoever struck Charles struck him from behind," Tolley said. "He's getting follow-up medical attention today. But he'll be fine. There wasn't enough blood loss to have endangered his life."
So he wasn't drinking, or part of the fight, he was just leaving.
Then some guy snuck up behind him and stabbed him in the neck for no reason?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom