Nfl Network on 2022 New Orleans Saints: Floor = 6-10(LOL, not kidding) Ceiling = 11-6 (2 Viewers)

Let’s just get it on already haha. Ready for the season and only 18 days away from Madden! Can’t wait to play with all the new toys!

To the topic, I’m always a skeptic but I don’t think we will go 6-11. No way.

Team won 9 games with half a roster and beat Tampa twice. I think 9 is more like the floor. I like my bet at 7.5 on the over every day.

Ceiling 11-6? They must be crazy. Ceiling is about 15-2. You figure Refs take two wins from us somewhere.

Allen is on his second go, and Jameis still has to prove he can do it for the whole season. I'm not saying I agree but I understand the prediction.

The national media certainly isn't as high on the Saints as locals are. Feels like the pre-Payton/Brees days!

This isn’t unrealistic at all. Payton had the offense very good at protecting the football in his last few years. It took Payton his entire tenure here to figure that out. I’m concerned about that and I wouldn’t be surprised if the offense has twice as many turnovers as last season. And I don’t mean just Jameis, but the entire offense.

This whole 4 hour video compilation was very well done. Hit the high points and low points of how last season went and the changes made during the off-season. The sheer amount of data collected, sifted through, processed, and relayed to the listener is pretty amazing. Of course there's liable to be some misses, but the few I caught were small and relatively unimportant. One of the best things I got out of this was that whoever put it together had no obvious agenda or narrative to push. He gave the nuts/bolts of every team with reasons for their fans to be excited along with how it could all fall apart. Being human, I'm sure the guy had some built in bias for and against certain teams. But I felt he was on target for the most part.

We as fans get excited over our team's star players, and we know which players were showing promise last season, and we know all the injuries and other setbacks we faced. (without all those injuries, our Saints would've been in the playoffs etc...) We also know the rookies and the hype and potential they bring. We know our coaches by name and some of the stories of where they came from and what we hope they add to our team. It's easy to forget (or not even realize) that fans of 31 other teams have all that too. Watching this video really brought that to the forefront.

6-11? That's the floor, but I would think a LOT of things would have to go very very wrong before we would end the season with 11 losses. The wheels would have to completely fall off.

11-6 ceiling? That one I would have to argue with. I think it'd be a safe bet that we finish the season 10-7 or 11-6. But that's not the ceiling. The ceiling would be our defense finishing at or very near the top in a lot of categories and Jameis along with the ridiculous amount of weapons on the roster also finishing the season as one of the best offenses. That'd be more like 13-4 with those four losses being attributed to the Saints or their opponents just having one of those any-given-Sunday type days where anything can happen.

But again, that's only looking at my own favorite team which I know a good bit about. It's not taking into account the same knowledge and feel for what the teams we face will look like this year. Except the falcons... I have a really good feel for how bad they're gonna suck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom