Nfl Network on 2022 New Orleans Saints: Floor = 6-10(LOL, not kidding) Ceiling = 11-6 (1 Viewer)

I really don't understand this bc we were 5-2 with a make shift wr core and Payton was starting to let the reigns loose on winston I mean in the Tampa game before he got hurt he was killing them.
The two people that have defined the franchise for the last decade and a half are gone.
Not saying it’s right, personally I think they’re underselling the Saints, but I understand it.

Even with everything this team went through last year they finished 9-8. So for them to say that 6-10 is the floor is crazy. I guess they can't give Dennis Allen 3 more wins even though the Saints beat their beloved Bucs with Dennis Allen as the head coach (when Payton had C19).

I guess we'll see... but man 6-10?

Even with everything this team went through last year they finished 9-8. So for them to say that 6-10 is the floor is crazy. I guess they can't give Dennis Allen 3 more wins even though the Saints beat their beloved Bucs with Dennis Allen as the head coach (when Payton had C19).

I guess we'll see... but man 6-10?
From what I’ve watched, they’ve discredited Allen based on his tenure with the Raiders.
I haven’t seen one person acknowledge that he was the coach in the 9-0 win at Tampa.

From what I’ve watched, they’ve discredited Allen based on his tenure with the Raiders.
I haven’t seen one person acknowledge that he was the coach in the 9-0 win at Tampa.

Crazy how they refuse to accept that people can get better. Jameis is still getting killed for his 30:30. Very few people mention his 14:3 last year before he got hurt, but they're quick to point out the 30:30.

Crazy how they refuse to accept that people can get better. Jameis is still getting killed for his 30:30. Very few people mention his 14:3 last year before he got hurt, but they're quick to point out the 30:30.
It’s gonna take a 12-5 season to erase that 30 int season with Arians. A coach even Manning got 28 with.

I'll admit it. There is an underpinning worry I have where I all we see falls apart. The offense never gels and the defense isn't able to carry the entire load...

But I could also see a perfect storm where we basically challenge for the 1 seed. And the hilarious thing for me is the margins between those two teams is very thin. And I can't wait for them to prove the doubters wrong.

I think the ceiling is too low in that assessment - only because we have the defensive talent to be a 12-13 win team.

However, I think the hypothetical “floor” is probably insanely pessimistic.

We actually don’t know how much of an impact having a new coach will have - we were 9-8 last season with way less offensive talent and a revolving door of ineffective QBs and offensive linemen.

Honestly, last season was about as bad as it can get in terms of unpredictable things that impact a season for the negative. And through that we still managed a winning season (in large part thanks to the defense that is back essentially in-tact).

So, now we have a new coach. Was Payton the real reason we were able to scrape out a respectable season last year?

I think 9-8 …maybe 8-9 is our rock bottom - but a 12-13 win season is more realistic.

Or perhaps I’m being too optimistic.

How do you know its deep in the offseason still? When folks are predicting records for teams while we are still weeks away from knowing who will even be healthy and playing….

That said, if healthy this team should win 12+ games IMO….

This isn’t unrealistic at all. Payton had the offense very good at protecting the football in his last few years. It took Payton his entire tenure here to figure that out. I’m concerned about that and I wouldn’t be surprised if the offense has twice as many turnovers as last season. And I don’t mean just Jameis, but the entire offense.
When was the season (2019?) when the Saints set a modern NFL record for the fewest turnovers in a 16-game season with 8. That is an average of only 1 every other game.

When was the season (2019?) when the Saints set a modern NFL record for the fewest turnovers in a 16-game season with 8. That is an average of only 1 every other game.
Very underrated progression in his career here. The offense would still have those one offs here or there *Jared Cook*, but overall he got very Belichick like with protecting the football. I feel the head coach holds the brunt of the responsibility for coaching that up. Hopefully he instilled that in Dennis Allen.

We have a lot of talent on the team and I'd be alot more worried if we got an entire overhaul scheme wise but that's not the case. We should win quite a few games I think.

Ridiculous they have the Bucs beating the Saints during the regular season.

Everyone knows the Bucs only beat the Saints when it counts. In meaningless regular season games, the Saints are undefeated in the Brady era.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom