NFL Network right now! (1 Viewer)

Really? They ranked DP #1 for LB's? That is awesome and should be primer material to be a LB on the Saints squad.

Memories from those days are why the current LB situation is so hard to take. Our DBs? Well, it's not like our storied history of defensive backfields is being sullied.

i watched it too. the dome patrol was awesome. if only we had an offense to back them up we would have gotten a superbowl

They had an offense back then but it was held down by Carl Smith and Jim Mora always playing for a FG as soon as they crossed the 50.

I remember watching the Saints-Titans game last year and my wife said, "we need some big mean dudes on our defense" because Haynesworth seemed to be single-handedly manhandling our offensive line. So I made her stay up to watch it so she could see what a real defense was. I told her that from my generation, the Dome Patrol was a good reason to fall in love with the Saints and for always being the underdog. After watching it she thought the Dome Patrol was awesome and now has a lot more respect for the Saints. God I love my wife.

Ewwwww! Get a room!

I remember watching the Saints-Titans game last year and my wife said, "we need some big mean dudes on our defense" because Haynesworth seemed to be single-handedly manhandling our offensive line. So I made her stay up to watch it so she could see what a real defense was. I told her that from my generation, the Dome Patrol was a good reason to fall in love with the Saints and for always being the underdog. After watching it she thought the Dome Patrol was awesome and now has a lot more respect for the Saints. God I love my wife.

One of the biggest reasons why I fell in love witht he Saints back in '89.

Yea, I watched it once before and just watched it again. That guy for the pittsburgh radio is annoying. LOL

The guy from Pittsburgh is annoying...isn't that redundant? Seriously, he's a typical sportscaster. Doesn't understand the game and that the Steelers were a complete team unlike the Dome Patrol version of the Saints that never had a working offense and often had a questionable secondary behind them. Without the Dome Patrol, the Saints wouldn't have made the playoffs a single year during that 6 year stretch (had 4 playoff appearances), much less not had a single losing season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom