NFL Network showing Super Bowl LIII as a "Super Bowl Classic" (1 Viewer)

Well of course it is!!

It doesn't matter what they do...................they won't ever be able to sell that bag of crap!!

I found that very strange lol. One day later and it’s already a classic...

We should applaud the rams. After the travesty of the NFCCG they took a bold stand for what was right and didn’t show up for the Super Bowl. ?

I was tempted to post that real early in morning . I was up all night reading stuff online about boycott bowl. I said let me see what's being said on NFL, CNN and such about us and I flip to NFL and thought...... what the what!!!! why is it a classic

Why wouldn't the NFL do this?
They believe that if some Nielsen Family household decides to watch that replay it may boost the ratings for that SuperBowl from 'Putrid' to simply 'Laughable'.

That game is even worse on replay.

I watched the game live (sorry guys, I'm as made at the league as anyone, but I'm not missing a Super Bowl). And the game wasn't very entertaining live but the thought that at any moment things could get wild was still prevalent, so there was still that natural tension. Now, when watching the replay and knowing things won't ever truly "get wild," you realize even more so how much of a snoozer the game was.

I couldn't even make it 10 minutes before changing the channel on the replay. It felt like a preseason level competition in hindsight.

I mentioned this yesterday, but I cannot think of the last time we had a Super Bowl that did not have a single signature moment. Even the blowout Super Bowls from the 90's had signature moments we all remember. This was easily the most forgettable Super Bowl of my lifetime.

Last edited:
I think that has more to do with the branding. Every time they reair a Super Bowl, it’s under the “Super Bowl Classic” banner. Even the Bears/Patriots Super Bowl is aired under the “Super Bowl Classics” name.

Classically Bad?

OK, I'll punt... and punt... and punt... LOL

NFLN rarely, if ever, shows the true classics anymore. They show games from less than three years ago and bill them as "classics." Pure bologna, of course. To find the true classics, you gotta go on YT. The NFL, as screwed up as it is, at least has about three-dozen truly classic games on its YT channel. And there's a bunch more out there that do indeed survive the copyright police. Makes for endless enjoyment during the offseason, no doubt.

The whole production stunk. Not just the game. It was hardly hyped-up going into SB weekend by major media outlets, and you could just tell that there was no real excitement for this game. I mean, even the ads stunk it up. I don't even want to talk about the weakest halftime show in SB history. NFLN is probably the only channel that talked about how "awesome" this game was.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom