NFL News: Football Goes to the Movies (1 Viewer)

WonderBoySaint

Professional Fan
Reaction score
Inventive idea by the new Commish:

Movie theaters could begin screening live, high-definition broadcasts of NFL football games, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has told a media conference in New York. Speaking at the Reuters Media Summit, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said that he has had talks with Shari Redstone, president of National Amusements, which owns the Cinema De Lux, Showcase Cinemas, Multiplex Cinemas, and The Bridge theater chains. Goodell also indicated that he has had similar talks with other theater owners but suggested that those with Redstone have progressed further than the others because National Amusements is the parent company of CBS, with which it already has a deal. He said that it wanted to protect the NFL's broadcast rights, which are worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

http://imdb.com/news/sb/2006-11-30/

that would be sweet to watch an away game in a theater with a hundred or so screaming saints fans

They're doing that now, believe it or not, with Metropolitan Opera performances. I have no idea if they're making any money off of that, but I imagine they'd get a bigger crowd for football games. Although that depends on the type of food/drink available!

As long as they install the beer taps...sounds good to me.

Exactly. That has to be a requirement. It would be a ton of fun to watch Saints games with over a hundred Saints fans, but I want booze, otherwise i'm just going to watch it at a bar with dozens.

The Alamo Drafthouse in Austin has food and drink. I believe they have shown some UT games there.

I'm with you guys,,,that would be a great experience. My only problem would be is that I'm a pacer....When I watch a game at home, I can't sit down. When I'm at the Dome, I have to get up during the TV timeouts. Good thing I have an isle seat.

I can definitely get down with this!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom