NFL Officials Becoming Foretellers Of Events (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did you notice the penalty for taunting that the side judge threw on the Patriots corner during a crucial drive for the Broncos?

The alleged taunting by the New England player actually occurred after the flag was thrown.

Isn't it amazing how these guys can know what personal foul is going to take place before it happens?

:scratch:

If this were a Saints game, I'd be livid, but for now I'll just let the Denver fans cut loose on the officiating this week.

he probably said something very offensive and that was the "taunt" not so much the arm gestures that followed. we can't hear what he said to draw the flag, but you could see his mouth running

Yeah, I assume that the ref heard him say something inflammatory and threw the flag. While he didn't make an actual gesture until after the flag was thrown, that was just the culmination.

Did you notice the penalty for taunting that the side judge threw on the Patriots corner during a crucial drive for the Broncos?

The alleged taunting by the New England player actually occurred after the flag was thrown.

Isn't it amazing how these guys can know what personal foul is going to take place before it happens?

If this were a Saints game, I'd be livid, but for now I'll just let the Denver fans cut loose on the officiating this week.

Of course they know what's gonna happen!!!!

They have ESPN!!!!!! :mwink:

According to the commentators, the flag that we saw come down was apparently for pass interference--and, of course, there was none. The penalty for taunting was a good call. Good conspiracy theory, though. ;)

Does it seem to anyone else that the boys in zebra outfits are throwing more yellow flags than usual this year? And like the OP said, they seem to be at times more often than not, that are deciding the outcome of games. I don't like the trend. :idunno:

Does it seem to anyone else that the boys in zebra outfits are throwing more yellow flags than usual this year? And like the OP said, they seem to be at times more often than not, that are deciding the outcome of games. I don't like the trend. :idunno:

Me neither. Its like the refs dont understand that a 250 lb guy cant stop on the dime to avoid a hit on the sidelines. The first time a guy pulls up is when the O player doesnt go OOB and continues running. As long as the calls even out in the longrun, theres nothing we can really do about it.

Another thing that gets me is when forward progress is stopped. Sometimes they let a guy move a pile, sometimes they blow the whistle and stop the play, thats the most confusing thing to me.

Yeah, I assume that the ref heard him say something inflammatory and threw the flag. While he didn't make an actual gesture until after the flag was thrown, that was just the culmination.

Actually when I watched it the play was in progress when the flag was thrown. If the guy was talking while making the tackle I can understand, but that was a "penalty to justify the flag" Not the flag to justify the penalty.

Terrible officiating imho, and decided the game.

we cannot hear what the players are saying on the field and the defensive player may have already been yapping before he even got up, and when he got up, what did he do? he went straight at the offensive player on the ground and taunted him

the call was fine IMO but i have noticed an increase in terrible calls this season, however that was not a bad call

Actually when I watched it the play was in progress when the flag was thrown. If the guy was talking while making the tackle I can understand, but that was a "penalty to justify the flag" Not the flag to justify the penalty.

I thought the same thing at the time.

It almost appears lately that the officials are getting paid 'by the flag'.
And there is no consistency to their calls.

When did the NFL start requiring them to over-officiate?

"over-officious jerks"-Marv Levy

I agree. I think the flag was initially thrown for a late hit and while the flag was in the air, the ref realized it was premature. Then to justify him throwin the flag, he called taunting once the DB waved his hands at the WR. Im not buying the db said something during the play, these guys trash talk all game long. The flag was thrown right after the hit on the sideline. Horrible call, IMO.

I agree. I think the flag was initially thrown for a late hit and while the flag was in the air, the ref realized it was premature. Then to justify him throwin the flag, he called taunting once the DB waved his hands at the WR. Im not buying the db said something during the play, these guys trash talk all game long. The flag was thrown right after the hit on the sideline. Horrible call, IMO.

This!

There were two flags on the play. The one you saw thrown was for pass interference which was picked up because the ball was tipped. You could see the second one come in from off the screen, that was the one for taunting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom