NFL officials told to stop calling so much holding. (1 Viewer)

And the real story here is, conspiracy theories aside, this is exactly how the NFL really affects the outcome of games. It's what helped the LOB in Seattle to get it Super Bowl and why Brandon Browner couldn't play once the NFL began calling defensive holding. Now Dallas is getting away with it again on D.
The Legion of Boom asked refs what they can and can not do. Browner did not get the memo all the time. He was a tiny bit slower so made up for it with improper play. He got caught a lot and then we cut/traded him. Handfighting became the new theme and our guys had the quality to make it happen.

Here is what we have.
1. A grossly incompetent no call in last year's NFCCG plus an instance of clock mismanagement plus a TD erased by defective officiating.
2. A letter from Gayle Benson civilly protesting the initial incident.
3. Acknowledgement by everyone including announcers and other commentators that these calls were messed up.
4. Mike Cerullo working in the NFL Office.
5. A rule change occasioned by the NFCCG snafu, leading to...
6. Officials knowing that they are being scrutinized as never before.
7. A mostly universal belief that the Saints had a play-to-injure program.
8. The issue of Payton not showing up for a post-Superbowl interview, or whatever that was. (Very hazy on the details)
9. Payton wearing a clown shirt under his other shirt.

It is a conspiracy. I do not believe it's organized, but it's understood among the officials and the league. The Saints are a hated team, because they are perceived as cheap shot artists and upstarts in that they are not afraid to speak out. The officials are angry that their brothers were called out for incomptence in the NFCCG miscarriage and the rule change it engendered, with Bountygate and its ramifications lurking in the background.

The Legion of Boom asked refs what they can and can not do. Browner did not get the memo all the time. He was a tiny bit slower so made up for it with improper play. He got caught a lot and then we cut/traded him. Handfighting became the new theme and our guys had the quality to make it happen.

Yes we got to experience Browner on the Saints D post-Seahawk Super Bowl after the NFL decided to make it a rule enforcement emphasis on defensive holding. It wasn't pretty.

What was the story with Kris Richard leaving Seattle?

I 100% believe that we are being punished for the fallout surrounding the no call that kept us out of the super bowl.

And it seems like the league is doubling down this year on making calls and fixing schedules to elevate certain marquee franchises. If there was ever a year to opt out of watching the NFL it’s this one.

Yes we got to experience Browner on the Saints D post-Seahawk Super Bowl after the NFL decided to make it a rule enforcement emphasis on defensive holding. It wasn't pretty.

What was the story with Kris Richard leaving Seattle?
I believe that they allowed him to explore new opportunities in coaching. I think it was assumed he would be a head coach somewhere. Also, in my opinion, his defenses were soft playing zone and not aggressive enough to attack the ball. That is not Pete Ball.

Aaaaaand the refs just took points off the board for the Broncos by calling back a touchdown run on a hold. Replay shows no hold. Phantom call. They did not score again so it directly affects the score.

There must be something that can be done. ALL penalties reviewed in the booth???? Man. Something.

Aaaaaand the refs just took points off the board for the Broncos by calling back a touchdown run on a hold. Replay shows no hold. Phantom call. They did not score again so it directly affects the score.

There must be something that can be done. ALL penalties reviewed in the booth???? Man. Something.
Someone did not get the memo...or the memo is under review by the main review board in NYC. LOL

You want to really lose your mind? Check out the no call in the Lions /Eagles game. Similar to the one on Marcus Peters last week.

I don't think anybody cares if refs are lax or strict, they just want the same attention to detail paid to both teams that are on the field.

I was thinking... watch us have ‘better officiated’ games now... maybe for the next 5 or 6 weeks...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom