NFL officiating has become absurd (1 Viewer)

Opponents listed first

TB: 9-103, 6-119
LV: 3-13, 10-129
GB: 2-10, 8-83

Totals:
14 - 24
126 - 331

Avg penalties: 4.7 - 8
Avg yds: 42 - 110

Thanks for posting! And it’s not just the penalties they call on us, some definitely should have been called. But it is so frustrating when they for some reason forget to call the same penalties on the opponents!

However, we did force one punt in 17 series. 😕

If I'm being a devils advocate, the way the guy came down looked like he might have been pulled down from behind, like when someone gets collared....but all it should have taken was 1 look at the replay and the flag should have been picked up. They should be able to correct themselves on completely obvious things like that...it makes absolutely no sense that they should have to go along with a completely no brainer blown call just because some arbitrary window of time has passed by from when they originally made the ruling.

Oopps...sorry guys, I now see I missed this obvious thing and completely got that wrong...but you see, 15 seconds have passed and we blew this whistle soooo....my bad?
The problem is that refs shouldn’t throw flags for things they don’t see, and it is a fact that the ref didn’t see Jenkins grab the runner by the collar. He guessed wrong, and it cost the Saints 15 yards. That’s awful officiating.

I didn’t have a way to replay it, but I swear we converted our 3rd down on the first series.

I’m not going to lie to myself or to any of you and say we played well enough to win. But this officiating was abysmal and sure didn’t help.

I've complained, but have continued to watch, over the last several years of seemingly increasing officiating bias because I was always heavily invested in the Saints as a team.

Having no fans in the stands, and this weird simulated crowd noise, has had an effect I wouldn't have imagined in that my emotional investment is way lower than I can ever remember. It feels like I'm watching a high res Madden video game...I don't really feel the players are emotionally invested, there aren't 60k screaming fans I can feel like I'm joining in from my living room and it all just seems not as interesting.

Now that I'm not as invested I don't feel the same need to continue watching a game that isn't fairly called

The spot of that ball on 4th down near midfield should seriously get that ref fired and not rehirable.

The offensive PI on Mercedes Lewis.

And illegal pick called on Taysom.

All disputed by the head ref guy ESPN is employing.

There's bad calls every game, but that 4th down spot is indefensible.

The ref that spotted that ball basically just gave GB an extra 1.5 yards. Even the announcers started talking about the 4th down stop, then sounded confused when the refs started calling for the sticks.

The spot of that ball on 4th down near midfield should seriously get that ref fired and not rehirable.

You forgot the BS horse collar called on Malcom Jenkins in the first quarter.

And the BS PI call on Janoris Jenkins in the fourth quarter.

As I said last week, I think the Refs sometimes put their finger on the scale to try and keep games more competitive, and in their minds, maintain the viewers' interest, and that often goes spectacularly wrong. I don't think the Refs, however, predetermine outcomes (picking a winner and fixing the calls for them). But tonight, smh, it sure felt like the fix was in. I was irritated by the fake horse collar and the no call push off, but the 4th down we had to challenge felt like a middle finger to the Saints and their fans, like the outcome has been cast and there's nothing you can do about it.

Teams really seem to clean it up when they play us. I checked under the nails,them choirboys are dirty. That's the part thats really the deciding factor. Call it both ways like the Tampa game and that's the result. I'd play more facing the qb zone,keep it in front of you secondary. Play the ball going forward or tackle after the catch and cross your fingers. Or expect to get flagged by a very wide margin cause the crooked isn't staying in vegas obviously.

Opponents listed first

TB: 9-103, 6-119
LV: 3-13, 10-129
GB: 2-10, 8-83

Totals:
14 - 24
126 - 331

Avg penalties: 4.7 - 8
Avg yds: 42 - 110
tenor.gif

What’s new, have we not known this for the last 4 years at least?

We need to expect to have bad calls against us and plan around it (as much as you possibly can).

We are getting the Goodell middle finger for the NOLA no call. He wisely waited until after replay review was canned and he turned his zebra gang on us. Now there is zero oversight. Coming up NFL will find a way to get Rams back into the SB.

My TV reception was awful for the second half, but I thought I saw Rogers turn sideways when Demario jumped offsides. Was that just my jittery TV? (I watched many plays as a series of pixelated block and had other portions just simply skipped on my DVR.)

Nope he actually turned as if to call TO.

Collinsworth said it no less than 3 times after the TD

that there is no "highest authority" oversight that can check and balance inept onfield officiating is the biggest insult to any fan with a brain

nfl has no defensible excuse for not utilizing technology and communication that can quickly and easily preclude missed and wrong calls

officials don't care... league doesn't care... owners don't care... players don't care. everybody's getting paid.

except us stupid fans
And why do you think someone such as myself, have given up on the NFL, except for the Saints? I still wager on games though, I just do not watch any games except Saints games.

This was NBC, not ESPN. But you are correct. Terry McCaulley pointed out four flags that shouldn’t have been call against the Saints and one crucial tat should have been called against Green Bay.

The games are rigged. The calls against the Saints are glaring. It is easy to get upset with the Refs as a fan, but this is game in and game out, season after season now. Sure, the defense played bad, but you have to think that the players cam see that they are being cheated every single game. You don't think this has an impact on their level of play? They make a good play and then they look for the flag.

I still watch, mostly just the Saints, but almost for amusement value now. The cake is baked before kickoff. The Fourth Down spot was hilarious when you think about it. I mean, talk about really putting it out there as the Refs. Here's a stick....we will let you know where to put it. Yes, he was a YARD AND A HALF SHORT, but we will mark it right at the sticks just to be jerks about it. When the totally biased TV crew starts to laugh at 80% of the calls against the Saints, you know it is bad. I am sure they will get a Memo from the NFL to tone it down.

I don't have a boat right now, if I did, I would spend all day Sunday fishing. Much better use of my time.

I come here because this board is like a "family" in many ways, many of you are very insightful people. This board takes up 90%+ of my "NFL time" now. At least it is not rigged.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom