NFL Opening Night Ratings Way Down (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt like watching a preseason game to me. Turned it off halfway through the 1st quarter. NFL should have scheduled the Patriots at KC for week 1. Even though Brady is no longer there, I am sure that it would have generated more interest than the Texans getting their rear end kicked yet again by the Chiefs.

Losing popularity and revenue is in no one's best interest. Wonder how low it will be allowed to go before the players, the league, and the networks try to fix things?

I honestly hope ratings continue to tank and it forces them to fire Goodell...that's the only reason I want it to happen, anything to get rid of Goodell :hm:

I honestly hope ratings continue to tank and it forces them to fire Goodell...that's the only reason I want it to happen, anything to get rid of Goodell :hm:
The key is the network contracts. Last night drew 17 million and that is still very high. Add that networks are struggling to get four million viewers. They are gonna pay the League more to keep it on the networks.

Houston is not the same team with Deandre Hopkins and Watson was under pressure the entire game. Is KC that great with Helaire or Houston that bad without Hopkins?

Houston is not the same team with Deandre Hopkins and Watson was under pressure the entire game. Is KC that great with Helaire or Houston that bad without Hopkins?

I thought it was mostly Houston getting beat up front on both sides of the ball. It seemed Watson was under pressure the entire game and Mahomes had all day to throw the ball. Kenny Stills didn't step up. Did Cooks play? I don't remember seeing him. David Johnson looked great in the first half. They got away from using him in the second half. The receivers didn't help Watson though. Hopkins probably catches all of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom