NFL orders all teams to shutdown all in-person activities on Monday and Tuesday (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.
I think they’re gonna take a 1 or 2 week break.

Ugh. Scary. On the one hand you feel good if you are already in the drivers seat of your conference but when you are as hot as we are defensively you don’t want down time.

So...

Let’s shut down Monday and Tuesday just in case players got exposed to Covid during family festivities.

But before we do that...

Lets play a full slate of games Sunday.

Makes total sense.

NFL lost control of this
The country lost control of it and the NFL is collateral damage. When cases were 500% lower at the start of the season they could pull it off with the testing and precautions in place. Now, it's simply overwhelming everything. The NFL players are part of the society allowing it to spread. Like I said earlier, the NFL managed to hold it off longer than I thought they would. I was thinking week 8 would be about the most we would get. From here out, any games we get are just lagniappe in my eyes.

As far as taking a 1-2 week break goes, that wont work, this wave is still quickly increasing and Thanksgiving is going to send it into hyperdrive.

The country lost control of it and the NFL is collateral damage. When cases were 500% lower at the start of the season they could pull it off with the testing and precautions in place. Now, it's simply overwhelming everything. The NFL players are part of the society allowing it to spread. Like I said earlier, the NFL managed to hold it off longer than I thought they would. I was thinking week 8 would be about the most we would get. From here out, any games we get are just lagniappe in my eyes.

As far as taking a 1-2 week break goes, that wont work, this wave is still quickly increasing and Thanksgiving is going to send it into hyperdrive.

And then we have Christmas and New Year's. January and February are going to be really ugly.

The Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays will really test the NFL.

By the grace of God if they can somehow escape that as unscathed as possible, most teams in the playoff hunt should easily bubble up after the holidays.

So...

Let’s shut down Monday and Tuesday just in case players got exposed to Covid during family festivities.

But before we do that...

Lets play a full slate of games Sunday.

Makes total sense.
Right. It would've made more sense to just push the entire schedule back a week.

I can't figure out the reasoning on playing and then doing this either. But I would imagine the main Monday conferences are going to be between the owners and execs brainstorming the long money vs the short money.

And if they think they will be able to go from no practices into games as a long term or intermediate fix, look out injuries

I can't figure out the reasoning on playing and then doing this either. But I would imagine the main Monday conferences are going to be between the owners and execs brainstorming the long money vs the short money.

And if they think they will be able to go from no practices into games as a long term or intermediate fix, look out injuries
Maybe to fulfill the week’s tv contract?
Making a deal with the networks so they’ll be okay with a shortened season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom