NFL owners have approached (mod edit--back in 2017, not recently) Adam Silver to replace Goodell! (1 Viewer)

Silver immediately said no when asked. Why jump from a global sport that's growing like crazy to the NFL which has so many issues (concussions, youth turning away from the sport, domestic violence, CTE, ALS, fair play, etc)?
this was my question, why in the world would Silver go for this?
and owners would certainly know he wouldn't go for this, so this seems like a shot across the bow- probably to whatever logjam of 6-8 owners who are goodell's string pullers

Even if Silver is not interested, it's still a clear sign that there are owners not happy with the job that Roger is doing.

exactly

Robert Kraft and Jerry Jones were once supporters. Both relationships were strained after deflate gate and the Ezekiel Elliot suspension. Like them or not,they have influence with other owners. When he was alive,Tom Benson was also influential and you can bet your house he wasn't happy about the bountygate fiasco.

Well he has kind of made this Anthony Davis situation a mess. But I guess anyone but Goodell!

:theclown::theclown::theclown:

tenor.gif

Goodell needs to be replaced no doubt, but how Silver is allowing Lebron James to run the NBA through him makes me wonder if Silver is really the right guy.

This news story is about a month and a half early. :)

For real though, if this happens, I have to believe that the no-call fiasco played a big part in it and that makes me feel at least a tiny bit better that it happened.

From the ESPN article:

ESPN's Don Van Natta and Seth Wickersham reported in August 2017 that a confidant of an NFL owner reached out to gauge whether Silver would be interested in running the NFL, to which Silver immediately said no.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell signed a five-year extension worth up to $200 million in December 2017. Silver signed a five-year extension with the NBA in June that runs through the 2023-24 season.

Looks like the inquires were prior to Goodell signing his current contract. I don't see anything that indicates this is something that is going on now.

From the ESPN article:

Looks like the inquires were prior to Goodell signing his current contract. I don't see anything that indicates this is something that is going on now.

Go ahead. Be a party pooper.

image.jpg

Is Valentine's Day a major holiday? Not sure.

I don’t think the owners had any thought that they could get Silver. This was just a way for the owners to leak info and show no confidence in Goodell. Also might be a way of owners showing that they hear the fans loud and clear. Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end for ole Rog.

This is great news. Anything ANYTHING to cause strife and dissension within league offices. Love this.

this was my question, why in the world would Silver go for this?
and owners would certainly know he wouldn't go for this, so this seems like a shot across the bow- probably to whatever logjam of 6-8 owners who are goodell's string pullers

I was just about to post the same thing. This is all speculation, but the very fact that this speculation is out there should be a brow raiser.

Also I think more than anything the owners are feeling the heat to get rid of that punching bag they have been hiding behind, because people are starting to see Goodell for what he is, and the tide is starting to shift to why the owners aren’t doing anything about it.

Calculated move. These people are billionaires for a reason.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom