NFL planning a top down review of officiating (1 Viewer)

The review will show that everything is fine. Move along.
In fact, said Goodell, it's the fans who are wrong!
888.jpg

Officials need to get raises. Put their pay at 10K per game then +2,500 for every round higher in the playoffs. Superbowl pay would be 20K. Then have a group made up of reps from the NFL, NFLPA and the officials review each officials performance per game and be able to fine each official up to an entire game check.
And example would be a base pay of 160K
But 3 games were bad officiating so they would only make 130K that season.
Head officials already make $12K+. The lowest paid official gets like $2500 per game.

And he stopped the Miami/Jets game from above, to communicate that a pass interference took place and that the Jets should be given a first down, after an incomplete pass on 3rd down by the Jets. The Jets went on to kick the game winning field goal!

I have YET to know of, or have herd of a call being made from above, to stop a game and have a flag thrown. I thought the only way a review and subsequent call, or reversal of a call could be made, was if a head coach made the request. This is something totally new to me. I had no idea as part of the rule changes, that a stoppage of play from the booth could be made to change, or to make a penalty call. And of course, who is involved? Riveron! What a douche bag.

And he stopped the Miami/Jets game from above, to communicate that a pass interference took place and that the Jets should be given a first down, after an incomplete pass on 3rd down by the Jets. The Jets went on to kick the game winning field goal!

I have YET to know of, or have herd of a call being made from above, to stop a game and have a flag thrown. I thought the only way a review and subsequent call, or reversal of a call could be made, was if a head coach made the request. This is something totally new to me. I had no idea as part of the rule changes, that a stoppage of play from the booth could be made to change, or to make a penalty call. And of course, who is involved? Riveron! What a douche bag.

Its within the last 2 minutes of either half. All reviews are initiated from upstairs. I've not seen the play in question, but if replay officials saw an egregious on-call, much like the one in the NFCCG, then they can buzz down for official review. It's no different than any other review situation within the last 2 minutes of a half.

As far as reviewing plays I looks the way college does it. If there is a blatant miss on a play they stop and look at it. The Patriots did get hosed twice. And we have too plenty.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom