NFL players from Slidell (1 Viewer)

Necrocajun

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
With Matt Forte (Slidell High School) coming up in the 2008 draft, I've been thinking. What notable NFL players have come from Slidell? Lifetime backups count here. I'm curious because, not that I care about high school football...don't give a ****;cross town rivals, Salmen, won state championship a couple of times. I'd figure at least a couple people made it on some rosters over the years. I figure this information is good for a few local bar bets. Info anyone?

don't know about Slidell, but my St. Charles Parish cranks out Safety's like it's going out of style!!! (see LaRon and Dawan Landry... and Destrehan's own ED REED!!!!) slidell who!?? lol j/k

I remember Brett Bech. He lived in my neighborhood. Backup Saints TE, right?

Brett Bech was a WR, not a TE.

Played at LSU

he's an Asst S&C coach with the NY Jets right now.

I remember Brett Bech. He lived in my neighborhood. Backup Saints TE, right?

Nope. Was our little league mascot while his bros were qb and rb. He holds LSU receiving records and was a WR for about 4 yrs. Had 1 great game as a Saint and played ST. He played AFL for a while and is now strength coach for the Jets.

Terrell Bierra played safety for salmen high school from 94-98, went to the university of georgia. He then played with the seattle seahawks.

eric

I remember Brett Bech I think he was a SHS when I was a FR or Soph. It looks like Forte will be our best player out of SHS. When I was there our best player was Troy Twillie. He had one great game while with LSU when they knocked off then #1 FL and kept blitzing Doug Johnson from his CB position. I wish I would've stayed playing for Coach Grubb at SHS, I didn't know I would put on 60lbs since HS.

BTW, Necrocajun when did you attend SHS? I was c/o 95'.

Last edited:
Chris Hovan's brother was working at the Time's in Slidell pre-Katrina.

Didn't Reggie Cooper go to SHS? He ended up playing at Nebraska and then going somewhere in the big leagues. Never really heard of him after that though. PJP Class of '92

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom