NFL players from Slidell (1 Viewer)

BTW, Necrocajun when did you attend SHS? I was c/o 95'.[/quote]

I graduated SHS in 1998. I remember Coach Grubb. He was an a******. He was my driving instructor at SHS and he always accused me of smoking "funny cigarettes"...which I do...but that's besides the point. Being a long-haired freak of heavy metal ilk, I wasn't never in his good graces. But then again, anyone not on the team was not in his good graces.

Last edited:
Allen Risher who played at Salmen and at the time broke every LSU passing record in his 4 years there, went on to play for the Buccaneers but did not stick. A center from Slidell High named Russell Mitchell went to Ole Miss and instead of going to the NFL signed with the new, at that time USFL. He played a few years and went on. I was good friends with both families. Terrell Bierra of Salmen is still in the league I believe. Of course, Bret Bech who went to Slidell High and I grew up with his older brother. Reggie Cooper from Slidell High played for Dallas for a very short time. By the way, Bech is no longer with the Jets and is not with any team right now. He is working for a speed coach somewhere but not in the NFL. Mike Gambrell who went to Slidell High and started for 3 years at center for LSU, I believe he was drafted but did not stick. Gambrell centered to Hodson in those years. Tillison who played at Pearl River, I believe he played with the Lions for a short time as a running back. I know it is not football but do not forget about Chris Duhon from Salmen who started 4 years at Duke and is now with the Chicago Bulls last I heard. Mike Fontenot who played at Salmen and LSU now plays baseball with the Chicago Cubs and is doing really good. Well that is all I can think of from my sleepy little town of Slidell.

Thank you Speck, I should be able to win a few bar bets with the info. :hihi:

http://www.nfl.com/players/reggiecooper/profile?id=COO685682

That dude was a beast in HS. Also, Tillison from Pearl River was a hell of a player. My HS team played against both of those guys. Looks like they made it to the NFL, but didn't stick.

http://www.nfl.com/players/edtillison/profile?id=TIL326298

Slidell has produced some awesome talent, many great college players and some good NFL players.

I Played with Tillison in SYFA, he was awesome.

My brother coached at Salmen during there last State title, now he is HC at Mandeville.

class of PJP '97

Slidell has produced some awesome talent, many great college players and some good NFL players.

I Played with Tillison in SYFA, he was awesome.

My brother coached at Salmen during there last State title, now he is HC at Mandeville.

class of PJP '97

Not sure how you played with Tillison at SYFA. He is 10 years older than you. I believe he graduated in '87. I graduated in '89, and I was a sophomore when we played them. Maybe it was a relative of his, brother or cousin.

Not sure how you played with Tillison at SYFA. He is 10 years older than you. I believe he graduated in '87. I graduated in '89, and I was a sophomore when we played them. Maybe it was a relative of his, brother or cousin.

I'm talking about Theron, he ended up QB at Pearl River High.

BTW, Necrocajun when did you attend SHS? I was c/o 95'.

I graduated SHS in 1998. I remember Coach Grubb. He was an a******. He was my driving instructor at SHS and he always accused me of smoking "funny cigarettes"...which I do...but that's besides the point. Being a long-haired freak of heavy metal ilk, I wasn't never in his good graces. But then again, anyone not on the team was not in his good graces.[/QUOTE]

He was my Driver's Ed instructor too. I took it after having my liscense for 2 yrs so he always made me drive on the interstate.

BTW, my sophmore year was when they realigned us in the 5A schools and we had to play Shaw, St. Aug, Brother Martin, Rummel, etc and we didn't get many wins at that time b/c we couldn't recruit our players like those schools.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom