NFL playoff officiating off to a fine start (1 Viewer)

kizzy821

#1 BandWagon Fan
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is just preparation for tomorrow. A reminder.

MikeyF

True Dat
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
On the Texans 3 and 18 in overtime, the play clock was at 0 for 2 seconds...

No Flag.

The Blindside block was a horrible call.
The Refs gave the game to the Texans.

VPCajun

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He didn't drop it. He tossed the ball to the ref, and the ref backed away from it, because he knew the ball was still live.

Then after the bills scored, they changed their minds, disregarding the letter of the rule.
that ref is an IDIOT!

a FORWARD PASS does not create a Live Ball situation!

I don't recall if an Illegal Forward Pass is a penalty, but definitely Not a FUMBLE!

Houston's ball no matter whether there is a penalty or not.

NewOrleansFan

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Buffalo definitely got screwed many times, but....

they should have put the game away when they had a shot. You can’t leave average teams around or you’ll get beat
Saints fans should never say this. It likes some other fans say the Saints should’ve put the Rams away earlier last year. They had many chances too.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
He didn't drop it. He tossed the ball to the ref, and the ref backed away from it, because he knew the ball was still live.

Then after the bills scored, they changed their minds, disregarding the letter of the rule.
He clearly wasn't going to return it and tossed the ball to the ref who didn't acknowledge that fact. The ball wasn't live.

BBarnes6182

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Saints fans should never say this. It likes some other fans say the Saints should’ve put the Rams away earlier last year. They had many chances too.
Lol we should have. Yes, the refs totally screwed us out of that game. But, that’s a completely different scenario and not even a tiny bit similar to this scenario. Regardless, even with that worst call in history, we still had a shot to get it done and we failed

parlorcitysaint

WhoDat in exile.
Reaction score
He clearly wasn't going to return it and tossed the ball to the ref who didn't acknowledge that fact. The ball wasn't live.
As he didn't wave off defenders, signaling a fair catch, step out of the end zone, or kneel, the ball, in accordance of the rules, was live. What he "clearly" was going to do is immaterial. The ball was live.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
As he didn't wave off defenders, signaling a fair catch, step out of the end zone, or kneel, the ball, in accordance of the rules, was live. What he "clearly" was going to do is immaterial. The ball was live.
And yet this type of thing happens in almost every game and they never call it so why did they all of a sudden decide to initially call it yesterday? Besides he tossed it forward so it would've been an illegal forward pass so still their ball.

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
it wasn't a passing situation, therefore not a pass, but a fumble.

Just because the other team made a heads up play and recovered it for a TD....

Y'know what? You and I are NEVER going to agree on pretty much. ANYTHING. I'm done with you.
Seriously? If that's how you wanna roll that's fine by me.

Sumdude34

All-Pro
Reaction score
I honestly couldn't even enjoy the Titans game yesterday because I just kept waiting for the call on those last couple of drives to change the game. I expected there to be at least a few phantom hold calls to force the Titans to pass instead of run the clock out with Henry.

NewOrleansFan

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Lol we should have. Yes, the refs totally screwed us out of that game. But, that’s a completely different scenario and not even a tiny bit similar to this scenario. Regardless, even with that worst call in history, we still had a shot to get it done and we failed
How is it different if I am not a Saints fan?

Craig Walker

WHO DAT
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He did signal a fair catch: That arms straight out gesture they've been doing all year.

They just didn't replay it on TV.

Reaction score
that ref is an IDIOT!

a FORWARD PASS does not create a Live Ball situation!

I don't recall if an Illegal Forward Pass is a penalty, but definitely Not a FUMBLE!

Houston's ball no matter whether there is a penalty or not.
A forward pass is not illegal...but a forward lateral is. I am spitballing...but the forward pass in the endzone without taking it out of the endzone is a Safety??? Other than that, he was giving the ball to the ump in a gesture of not running the ball out of the endzone which is giving up on the play...which could be presumed to be for player safety. Players give themselves up in the field of play on fumbles and other options for player safety. So I dont know the answer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom