NFL playoff officiating off to a fine start (1 Viewer)

As he didn't wave off defenders, signaling a fair catch, step out of the end zone, or kneel, the ball, in accordance of the rules, was live. What he "clearly" was going to do is immaterial. The ball was live.

He did signal a fair catch: That arms straight out gesture they've been doing all year.

They just didn't replay it on TV.

that ref is an IDIOT!

a FORWARD PASS does not create a Live Ball situation!

I don't recall if an Illegal Forward Pass is a penalty, but definitely Not a FUMBLE!

Houston's ball no matter whether there is a penalty or not.
A forward pass is not illegal...but a forward lateral is. I am spitballing...but the forward pass in the endzone without taking it out of the endzone is a Safety??? Other than that, he was giving the ball to the ump in a gesture of not running the ball out of the endzone which is giving up on the play...which could be presumed to be for player safety. Players give themselves up in the field of play on fumbles and other options for player safety. So I dont know the answer.

Payton doesn’t have an answer but giving up on the run and getting aggressive with deep drop back passes isn’t it right now.

makes me worried about our game. if the refs screw us I am going sniping. lol
The refs did screw us. 3 fumbles taken away, 2 for touchdowns. OPI not even reviewed. Helmet to helmet hit on Alvin no flag. We were set, never should have been called for a false start. Holding all day, etc. NFL got what it wanted.

A forward pass is not illegal...but a forward lateral is. I am spitballing...but the forward pass in the endzone without taking it out of the endzone is a Safety??? Other than that, he was giving the ball to the ump in a gesture of not running the ball out of the endzone which is giving up on the play...which could be presumed to be for player safety. Players give themselves up in the field of play on fumbles and other options for player safety. So I dont know the answer.

You might be correct!

I can't find anything regarding the Kickoff, but found this about an interception in the endzone:

A.R. 8.5 A forward pass is intercepted by a defensive player in his end zone. While in the end zone, he attempts to pass backward. The pass goes forward, hits the ground on the one-yard line and is recovered by the first passing team. Ruling: Safety. Forward pass not from scrimmage in the end zone.

ETA:

However...

I'm still correct that it is not a Live Ball once it hits the ground.

(Or at least, I think I am!) :idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom