NFL ref roster for 2019 includes all 7 officials from NFCCG [merged] (1 Viewer)

Obviously, the NFL won’t fire them for giving them the exact outcome they wanted.

Hopefully 2 things happen though:
  1. Vinovich gets the Walt Coleman/Raiders treatment where he never works another Saints game for the rest of his career (for those unfamiliar, after the “Tuck Rule Game” in the 2001 AFC Divisional playoff game between the Patriots and Raiders, Coleman never worked another Raider game until his retirement this offseason)
  2. Vinovich’s normal crew remains intact to what it was last year; if it does and he doesn’t end up working another Saints game, then we also won’t have to worry about 2 other officials from that NFC Championship gaff since they are/were on his normal crew: the umpire, Bruce Stritesky who (along with Vinovich) missed the roughing the passer call in OT when Brees was hit in the face on the INT, and the infamous side judge, Gary Cavaletto aka. “Mr. Bang-Bang” who overruled Turner from throwing his flag.
Additionally if both the above come to fruition, we also won’t have to deal with Phil McKinnely, the former Falcons player, anymore either.

Last edited:
No surprise there. The NFL isn’t going to do anything that admits an inexcusable no-call occurred that changed the outcome of that game.

2019: The Saints vs Everybody

Obviously, the NFL won’t fire them for giving them the exact outcome they wanted.

1. Vinovich gets the Walt Coleman/Raiders treatment where he never works another Saints game for the rest of his career (for those unfamiliar, after the “Tuck Rule Game” in the 2001 AFC Divisional playoff game between the Patriots and Raiders, Coleman never worked another Raider game until his retirement this offseason)
  2. Vinovich’s normal crew remains intact to what it was last year; if it does and he doesn’t end up working another Saints game, then we also won’t have to worry about 2 other officials from that NFC Championship gaff since they are/were on his normal crew: the umpire, Bruce Stritesky who (along with Vinovich) missed the roughing the passer call in OT when Brees was hit in the face on the INT, and the infamous side judge, Gary Cavaletto aka. “Mr. Bang-Bang” who overruled Turner from throwing his flag.
Additionally if both the above come to fruition, we also won’t have to deal with Phil McKinnely, the former Falcons player, anymore either.

Thanks for the positive way of looking at it. I hadn't thought of any of that. I'm glad I was able to resist the urge to put my fist through my computer screen long enough to read your post! :)

I guess any kind of punishment towards the officials would look like an admission of wrongdoing! Oh wait, they've already acknowledge the missed calls and even fined the Rams DB... But what about the refs... business as usual!

All good points to bring up, but we must remember Tagliabue was still commish back in 2001. We still have the current monstrosity of a human being to contend with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom