NFL ref roster for 2019 includes all 7 officials from NFCCG [merged] (1 Viewer)

Obviously, the NFL won’t fire them for giving them the exact outcome they wanted.

Hopefully 2 things happen though:
  1. Vinovich gets the Walt Coleman/Raiders treatment where he never works another Saints game for the rest of his career (for those unfamiliar, after the “Tuck Rule Game” in the 2001 AFC Divisional playoff game between the Patriots and Raiders, Coleman never worked another Raider game until his retirement this offseason)
  2. Vinovich’s normal crew remains intact to what it was last year; if it does and he doesn’t end up working another Saints game, then we also won’t have to worry about 2 other officials from that NFC Championship gaff since they are/were on his normal crew: the umpire, Bruce Stritesky who (along with Vinovich) missed the roughing the passer call in OT when Brees was hit in the face on the INT, and the infamous side judge, Gary Cavaletto aka. “Mr. Bang-Bang” who overruled Turner from throwing his flag.
Additionally if both the above come to fruition, we also won’t have to deal with Phil McKinnely, the former Falcons player, anymore either.

Just deny entry to all those guys and don’t let them in the Dome.

If his crew is assigned to us in week two vs the Rams then we know something is up again. That would draw so much attention to the game and boost their viewers ratings.

All good points to bring up, but we must remember Tagliabue was still commish back in 2001. We still have the current monstrosity of a human being to contend with.

Indeed, but only for the 4 years after the Tuck Rule game. For the next 13 years of Goodell’s reign they never assigned Coleman to a Raiders game either.

However, after what happened the night after the game where there was some minor verbal harassment of the officials at their hotel that they had to move them, the NFL might decide to be cautious in assigning him to any Saints games, especially in New Orleans.

Just deny entry to all those guys and don’t let them in the Dome.

Haha, I wish it were that easy.

I wonder if Bill would be able to show his face in New Orleans again

Im still not ok... I dont expect anyone to care... just saying. That play took the wind out of my sails. I used to check this site ten times a day. Now I dont check it but maybe twice a week. I still love my Saints, but its just hard to get excited about anything football related right now. It makes me bitter towards the NFL. That is all

Y'all I'm sorry but with absolutely no officiating experience besides reffing some intramural flag football games.. I could have thrown the flag and made that call. It was that obvious!

Not at all surprised, the NFL wants people to forget this ever happened, they'll do whatever it takes to scrub this from history...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom