NFL rejects "Devin Hester" rule (1 Viewer)

I would have liked a rule against it, perhaps making the maximum distance of an out of bounds punt 20-30 yards or something like that.

Who enjoys watching punts sail out of bounds as a casual fan (when it doesnt benefit their team)? It is not entertainment.

Doesn't punting out of bounds make spotting the ball highly subjective? It is especially tricky for fans who dont have the angle to see this play and constantly disagree.

It isnt allowed on kickoffs, why allow it on punts?

If they think directional kicking is so exciting, they can not bring the ball into the hash marks for field goal attempts. That would create some real havoc.

This is funny...Why would any other team in the league (besides chicago) want to rid of one of the only ways to stop one of the NFL's best returners?...I believe the response was a no-brainer.

What was the exact rule proposed? How about this rule: if a team kicks it out of bounds, without the ball touching inside, the receiving team has the option of making them rekick.

i cant believe someone in the nfl would even propose this. it goes against the integrity of the game to not let a team kick the ball out of frikkin bounds. thank god.

i cant believe someone in the nfl would even propose this. it goes against the integrity of the game to not let a team kick the ball out of frikkin bounds. thank god.

I agree. Whether devin hester is there or not, if a punter can direct a kick to go out bounds at the one, that team should be rewarded not penalized.

Directional kicking is part of the game and coaches tool, it should not be out. great that the rule did not change.

Every year there are dumb rule change proposals. This is one of them.

Was this proposed by the Chicago Bears? :rolleyes:

Can I blame this on Jerry Jones?

what is so wrong with a rule that makes you kick the ball in bounds? kickoffs have to stay in bounds, whats the difference.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom