NFL roundtable: Who's best team in loaded NFC field of contenders? Saints are Well Supported (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
I found this article with opinions from so-called experts to be one of the most professional articles I've read about this. To these writers, it comes down to Saints and Niners with a few liking GB and even Minny. But I was impressed with the reasoning behind supporting the Saints. It gave me insights into things I miss about our team that are cornerstones to our success.

Here's one:

My answer now is the same as it was at the start of the year. I picked the Saints to be the eventual Super Bowl LIV champions, and I’m feeling pretty good about that, still. The best sign, to me, of a great team, is one that continues to have success even when confronted by adversity or injury. Well, losing quarterback Drew Brees to a thumb injury on his throwing hand certainly qualifies, but New Orleans has won all four games backup Teddy Bridgewater has started. The Saints also need running back Alvin Kamara to get healthy. But this team is built to win in the postseason. They have a stout defense, explosive playmakers on offense with Brees, Kamara, and receiver Michael Thomas, and stellar special teams play.

The other thing they have is what the San Francisco 49ers don’t, and that’s experience. I love what the Niners are doing (and picked them to be a wild card team in the preseason). They, too, have one of the stingiest defenses in the NFL, and another brilliant offensive coach – like Sean Payton in New Orleans – in Kyle Shanahan. But these Saints are playoff fixtures and have been there before. In January and in February, that matters.

btw: I didn't realize the Niners are undefeated while both their starting Offensive Tackles have been out. That's freakin impressive to me

Best Teams in the League Now

Enjoy! There's a ton of good praise for our Saints

Favorite part:

"Best of all, New Orleans has gotten through the worst of its schedule. They’ve already played the Houston Texans, Rams, Seattle Seahawks and Dallas Cowboys, and are 5-1. With three games left against the Atlanta Falcons and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, plus one against the Tennessee Titans, the Saints can afford to not rush Brees’ return and still have the inside track to the NFC South title."

We are the most complete team in the NFL, not just the NFC. Yes, we have weaknesses - #2 WR, TE, DB - but, out of all the teams, we have the fewest weaknesses. Besides, in today's Salary Cap based league, there isn't a team in the NFL that doesn't have a weakness.

I found this article with opinions from so-called experts to be one of the most professional articles I've read about this. To these writers, it comes down to Saints and Niners with a few liking GB and even Minny. But I was impressed with the reasoning behind supporting the Saints. It gave me insights into things I miss about our team that are cornerstones to our success.

Here's one:

https://twitter.com/LorenzoGReyes

btw: I didn't realize the Niners are undefeated while both their starting Offensive Tackles have been out. That's freakin impressive to me

Best Teams in the League Now

Enjoy! There's a ton of good praise for our Saints

Keep in mind the only decent team the Whiners have played is the Lambs and they got them with injuries in the middle of a meltdown. I am of the opinion the Whiners and Pats are paper tigers given they have had the two easiest schedules. Time will tell if I am correct.

image.png

I'm glad for Mahomes, could've been so much worse. Knee injuries are killers. KC dodged a bullet.

Keep in mind the only decent team the Whiners have played is the Lambs and they got them with injuries in the middle of a meltdown. I am of the opinion the Whiners and Pats are paper tigers given they have had the two easiest schedules. Time will tell if I am correct.

image.png
I don't don't doubt the Pats. Great coach, great QB, great defence.

I am still deciding about the niners. But I like what I've seen so far

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom