NFL sends warning to teams about faking injuries (1 Viewer)

How about injured player has to stay out through the whole series!

how do you prove someone isn't actually hurt??

I can only speak for the one that I saw... I wanna say it was the Cincy/KC game. The Cincy safety was standing there looking at the sideline, and they wanted to make subs but wasn't getting them on/off the field in time. The safety fell to the ground and grabbed his leg. Smart move because they would have had to burn a timeout.

I can only speak for the one that I saw... I wanna say it was the Cincy/KC game. The Cincy safety was standing there looking at the sideline, and they wanted to make subs but wasn't getting them on/off the field in time. The safety fell to the ground and grabbed his leg. Smart move because they would have had to burn a timeout.
I was about to say the same thing. His teammate motioned for him to get down. I imagine that was the play
that prompted the letter.

i think it happens a lot but i have no idea how you can officiate something like that in real time....seems like a slippery slope to allow refs to determine if a player was injured or not

The only thing the NFL is worried about is upsetting the hour and a half worth of commercials that they cram in between every play.
Flopping on the field throws off the time the players spend standing around with their hands on their hips waiting for the game to restart.

My favorite was the YouTube video where two players went down at the same time. Can't remember which one it was though. It was hilarious.

That was the play because it affected Goodell's darling golden boy Mahomes.

We're going to lose draft picks over this somehow (that is if they can find any we didn't sell to Philly.)

I guess we are getting ready to incorrectly get called for this tonight.

SImple solution if they believe it is fake. Only the "injured' player can be substituted for. The other 10 players on the previous lay must stay in for at least one play.

As for slowing the pace of a fast offense, it would be hard to dispute a DL not gasping for air after the fifth or sixth play with fast pace between the plays.

They just showed this on ESPN's C'Mon Man segment

SImple solution if they believe it is fake. Only the "injured' player can be substituted for. The other 10 players on the previous lay must stay in for at least one play.
I propose extending this idea to include the “injured” player stays out until a change in possession.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom