NFL should ban white cleeks (1 Viewer)

RaginSaint93

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
broncos.jpg

I remember an interview with Madden. He said they tried to tape their players' hands the same color as the opponents jersey - so the ref's couldn't see the hold.

The man was clearly out of bounds. Even with a white shoe.

Or maybe just crank up the contrast on the monitor that the ref is using. They had everything so washed out on the live broadcast.

The technology should be looked at. Tennis has technology that has the out of bounds line computerized to where replays are all done electronically via computer simulation. Why can't the multi-billion dollar NFL do something like this?

It truly is time for NFL officiating reform, and technology improvements need to be a big part of it.

I also agree with Bilichik to a degree. Maybe "everything" should be reviewable. You still have the same # of challenges available. Find other ways to shorten the game (less TV timeouts) and this should account for the slight difference in # of challenges increasing.

Too many games are being decided by human officials when we have technology available to us to correct these things. I know it doesn't get talked about here, but think about that first Broncos TD. How on Earth did the official rule that incomplete? What if Denver had no challenges? This is really getting absurd.

That's one of the two rule changes I think need to be implemented this off season...

1) No player may wear white cleats.

2) The white part of the sideline should be a uniform width (say 4 feet). A player who is in the white area is out of bounds, but hitting a player in that area is not considered a late hit out of bounds. (This would eliminate a referee's discretion in whether or not a hit was late).

If you don't ban the white cleats, change the color of the sideline marker to a NEON type shade. Games are too important not to get the call correct. Blandino is full of himself.

The technology should be looked at. Tennis has technology that has the out of bounds line computerized to where replays are all done electronically via computer simulation. Why can't the multi-billion dollar NFL do something like this?

It truly is time for NFL officiating reform, and technology improvements need to be a big part of it.

I also agree with Bilichik to a degree. Maybe "everything" should be reviewable. You still have the same # of challenges available. Find other ways to shorten the game (less TV timeouts) and this should account for the slight difference in # of challenges increasing.

Too many games are being decided by human officials when we have technology available to us to correct these things. I know it doesn't get talked about here, but think about that first Broncos TD. How on Earth did the official rule that incomplete? What if Denver had no challenges? This is really getting absurd.

This. A simple system like this that was only used during reviews and challenges. Oh and Full Time Refs.

They should really ban jumping over the line of scrimmage on field goal attempts. You either bust through the line and block it or you don't.

Or at least can we outline the sideline paint with a black strip? That would solve a lot of boundary issues

To the contrary White sideline and white shoes are perfect. If it is white on white he is out of bounds. If he is not out of bounds you should be able to clearly see the green turf between the sideline and the cleats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom