NFL spin machine at work (1 Viewer)

Well, here it comes. The PR machine kicks in. It's to be expected. We've had that "Yeah, but there were other chances" manure from our "fans" on here. Both teams got to that juncture in the game, tied with us putting ourselves in the position to get the win. All that was required was kneel downs and an old school extra point length field goal. Maybe 15 seconds of clock and no timeouts.

Now, we get the insulting spin from the NFL trying to put out a fire that they started.

Just heard on the radio, Peter King said they are talking about firing the head of officiating. Won't solve a thing.

And also ignores the fact that Robey-Coleman said the ref told him the ball was tipped, which it clearly wasn’t.

Didn't realize tipped balls negated personal fouls. Try again, NFL.

Just heard on the radio, Peter King said they are talking about firing the head of officiating. Won't solve a thing.

Wait, Al Riveron? THE GUY WHO IMMEDIATELY ADMITTED THE CALL WAS WRONG!? THAT'S who they want to fire?!

Or are you talking about the head official of that crew?

There's always a scapegoat.

What's wrong with firing the actual officials from the field, unless they are gong to say the head of officiating gave a directive not to throw flags in that situation in this game...?

Wait, Al Riveron? THE GUY WHO IMMEDIATELY ADMITTED THE CALL WAS WRONG!? THAT'S who they want to fire?!

Lol.

Was it because he admitted it??

I don't know who he was referring to.

Didn't realize tipped balls negated personal fouls. Try again, NFL.
Yeah. This all but guarantees there will be no fine for the illegal hit though it would have garnered one during regular season play. They want this controversy to go away, so I don't see them taking appropriate action.

The retort for suggesting making non-calls review-able is that "it would make the game too long".

To that, I say...how about you run a few less commercials? I'd even take 10 or 11 minute quarters if that's what it would take to preserve the integrity of the game.
Ah... those commercials.

Did anybody else notice that they would CONSISTANTLY break for TV time outs on crucial moments during Rams drives. On a Ram scoring drive, Goff couldn’t hear anything to get his plays set up. As soon as he got into the Red zone? TV time out and he gets to run a set of scripted plays resulting in a TD.

Anybody else notice this?

Front page of NFL.com has NO MENTION of Saints penalty. None whatsoever.
Screenshot 2019-01-21 07.32.10.png

There was an article right after the game yesterday about the blown call and "Payton livid.." and low and behold the article was gone this morning when I checked back at 5 am...so yeah, the cover up is in full force now...Goodell's silence is deafening! bastage! I hate that maternal fornicator!wizard-of-oz-man-behind-the-curtain1.jpg

Last edited:
Ah... those commercials.

Did anybody else notice that they would CONSISTANTLY break for TV time outs on crucial moments during Rams drives. On a Ram scoring drive, Goff couldn’t hear anything to get his plays set up. As soon as he got into the Red zone? TV time out and he gets to run a set of scripted plays resulting in a TD.

Anybody else notice this?

I didn't pay much attention to the timing but the commercials did seem extra long yesterday. I didn't really pay attention to the second game but certainly for our game.

I didn't pay much attention to the timing but the commercials did seem extra long yesterday. I didn't really pay attention to the second game but certainly for our game.
I believe that it happened both times they entered the red zone. TV commercial which allowed them to regroup, and run the set of plays needed to punch the ball in.

When we had the ball, the TV timeout would happen at the beginning of the drive, to no strategic advantage.

To me it was noticeable, and frustrating, as it is nearly impossible to scream non-stop during an entire TV time out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom