Article NFL star Alvin Kamara has a $75 million contract, but hasn’t spent a dime of his football earnings (1 Viewer)

2 people replied without reading the article. if your gonna have a rebuttal, at least read the article.. smh..
He is definitely cut from a different cloth than most NFL players..

Many years ago Shaq was interviewed by a late show guy (forget the name) & he stated he lives off his endorsements (he has a lot) as well. Never touched his actual contract earnings over the years from Orlando/Lakers. Same goes for Jamal Mashburn. Sharp guys who have sound financial advisors in their camp.

AK is just a different dude. He so young but talks and carries himself like a 40 year old. Maturity on and off the field.

Big fan of AK.

Warrick Dunn was very similar. He lived in a small apartment not doing lavish things for a long time while making $$ so he could use it on helping others, building homes for people , etc..

Facts.

Warrick owned a home down the street from me in B.R. for years in the Park Forest Subdivision / Toledo Bend Ave. Multi millionaire but never lived above his means. Another good dude who helps others anyway he can.

1617845970329.png

By Nicolas Vega | CNBC

Four-time Pro Bowl running back Alvin Kamara may have a $75 million contract to his name, but the Saints’ superstar is still ready to go back to his days surviving off a loaf of bread and a jar of peanut butter if he needs to.

The 25-year-old is conscious of living well within his means, he says in a recent interview for Uninterrupted’s “Kneading Dough” series. [MOD NOTE: the link in this sentence gets you to the full YouTube video]

“I’ve always known the value of a dollar,” the Georgia native says.

It’s a lesson he learned from his mother, who taught him the importance of hard work. “As a kid, I saw my mom work multiple jobs only to be able to afford the bare essentials.”

That appreciation for financial security has led him to be a savvy spender since his first day as an NFL player, when he received his signing bonus and only treated himself to a chicken wing dinner.

Full Story - CNBC
And? I mean you’re commending him for being a responsible adult, what he’s supposed to do... this reminds me of “ I take care of my kids.” Bravo, doing something you’re supposed to do.

While he looks to be fiscally responsible with this news I still question his smarts on other things. Mainly his decision last year to run around with some kids without covid protection, not wearing the NFL and NFLPA mandated tracking device which caused him to miss games and other running backs on the team to also miss a game.

Smart guy. When you work in a career that could easily be over within 10 years, you have to think of things this way. As long as he's an NFL superstar and has these endorsement deals, take advantage of it and save that other money for later in life.

If you are smart, you'll never have to work again and you can help a lot of people and your family too

I just watched the video and came away so impressed by AK. It makes me so proud to have a person of his character representing the team we all love.

If you haven't had a chance to watch the youtube video, please do:

Well Sean Payton did say a couple of years ago that he thought AK#41 was the smartest player he had ever coached and that is pretty high praise when you think about some of the other players he's coached..................like the guy who wore #9 for the Saints for the last 15 years or so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom