N/S NFL still using officials to keep viewers by keeping game close (1 Viewer)

Speaking of false starts & penalties.....

The night before the SB, at the awards show, Steve Harvey did one of the best comedy routines EVER!!! He was beyond hilarious ?

Harvey called out Roger right there in the audience, for how STUPID the false starts & some of the penalties are ???

The players were laughing so hard, some of them were wiping away tears ??

Then Harvey put on a big fur coat that he said he bought at auction, that belonged to Joe Namath.

Harvey said, “wait a minute, there is something in the pocket,” and he pulls out a pair of pantyhose!

Then Harvey says, “wait there is something else. A little black book!” He opens the book. “Betty
White?” By this time, Joe Namath is laughing so hard, I thought he would have a stroke.

Then Harvey says, “why are there 3 stars by Betty White’s name?”

Totally fun stuff!!! ????
Quite the segue.

Quite the segue.

Sorry........could not help myself. Anytime Roger gets called out & the players are laughing until they are in tears is HILARIOUS ?

I love great humor.....it is so healthy & therapeutic.

I be honest, I’m surprise officials never jumped on KC bandwagon to get them through the playoffs and season years ago like they did with the Patriots or any team out west, KC has a huge fan base if not one of the biggest. But that’s been the case this year, they even assured KC a victory in Gillette. Maybe it took L.A. moving out west for it to happen.

I can certainly buy this more than the league giving actual instructions on which team should win the game. Remember when Super Bowls used to consistently be blowouts? That trend sure has disappeared over the past decade +.

some cases I believe they are not instructed to keep the game close. Like I’m more surprised they never kept the nfccg close. But then again they know that is a sure blow out in the sb.

I also feel we gonna start seeing a trend of Sb winners or teams going to the sb that is out of the ordinary to keep fans spending more, like Buffalo, tenn, even door mat teams. This is the opportunity for the nfl to push that agenda.

As long as the score was close the officials called a relatively fair game. Once score got lopsided enough to encourage people to no longer watch they used the yellow hankies to tighten up the score and keep viewers.
San Fran intercepts a KC scoring drive in the early fourth quarter pretty much assuring viewers would consider it a game over and leave. Amazingly on third down Garapolo is smashed to with the ground with full helmet to helmet contact. No flag because KC getting the ball back keeps viewers.
Will the Super bowl ever be truly earned again? I'm a Chiefs fan so my bias tends to the Chiefs. Without the officials they probably would never have won the game. Shame we can never know because they will ALWAYS do that unless the fans stop it.
Kris
Well first off. You need to consider the sponsor money for commercials. The commercials cost so much, the NFL does not want a lopsided Super Bowl, for that alone. Forget about everything else. The Super Bowl is no longer the Super Bowl. It is the COMMERCIAL bowl as far as the NFL is really concerned.

Does anyone really believe, that the NFL actually cares about the Super Bowl (game) itself? I don't.

Well first off. You need to consider the sponsor money for commercials. The commercials cost so much, the NFL does not want a lopsided Super Bowl, for that alone. Forget about everything else. The Super Bowl is no longer the Super Bowl. It is the COMMERCIAL bowl as far as the NFL is really concerned.

Does anyone really believe, that the NFL actually cares about the Super Bowl (game) itself? I don't.
The Super Bowl ad price goes up no matter the team or score. The Bucs blew out the Raiders in XXXVII and the ad price went up the next season. And the same happened after the Seahawks beat the Broncos by 30+ in their Super Bowl win.

AFA QBs who get blow-to-the-head calls:

Brady = always
Others = sometimes
Brees = seldom/never

Looked to me unavoidable, but JG hammed it up.

Then again, Vinovich is responsible for the QB -- as well as for keeping the game "entertaining".

I only read some of these posts. But I am convinced of the narratives. I have been feeling these predictable patterns in games over the last few years. They are like movies with plots. And the plots are influenced. No. The refs don’t outright determine the outcome, except in game changing calls at the end of games that we are all too familiar with, but they strongly influence games. Millions and Billions of dollars depend on it. If you had a chance (Owners and League) to pocket more money, as in thousands or millions more, would you care about influencing a football game to do it?
Think about it. Why are the rules so difficult? Why are they left to subjectivity? Why does the NFL protect the officials so much?
They act like they are separate entities but they are not. That’s a front. They are working in conjunction to run games and make money. The folks who want to believe all is above board and label any of this speculation as conspiracy theories, well, you have to realize everything isn’t just black and white. There are many shades of gray at play.

Isn’t the teaching of the correct way to tackle is hit with your head up? Looked like that’s exactly what the defender did. Just a good, by the book, tackle.

Garappolo should have taken better acting lessons from the drama queen that drew a flag on CGJ - slap your helmet and fake some convulsions. Then never go into the blue tent and return back to the game a couple of plays later. I think it was that Judy fullback?

AFA QBs who get blow-to-the-head calls:

Brady = always
Others = sometimes
Brees = seldom/never

Looked to me unavoidable, but JG hammed it up.

Then again, Vinovich is responsible for the QB -- as well as for keeping the game "entertaining".

I first said I was surprised Vinovich got the job for the SB, then you think for a minute and realizes its not a surprise.

But ive seen better officials this season overall than Vinovich.

Hey Chris - I think you are spot-on. My fiancee knows little about football, but she and I talked about the exact same thing in the 2nd half. I was for KC, but it still looks obvious. It's stunning how fast blown calls or no call can change the momentum of a game.

Do many people doubt that the NFL is beyond instructing officials to try and keep as many games as possible competitive in the 4th quarter? Is foot ball more designed for pure entertainment than a true test of skills on the field now?

It’s definitely entertainment imo. The league really doesn’t even try to hide all of the b.s.

It’s definitely entertainment imo. The league really doesn’t even try to hide all of the b.s.

They got their picks, but I be surprised they ever going to let Russel Wilson or Mahomes win another. Mostly because of their color. So far Wilson hasnt won another. I dont care for Kaepernick in the least bit, but believe thats part of his protesting against the NFL, even though he lost the SB he was in.

As long as the score was close the officials called a relatively fair game. Once score got lopsided enough to encourage people to no longer watch they used the yellow hankies to tighten up the score and keep viewers.
San Fran intercepts a KC scoring drive in the early fourth quarter pretty much assuring viewers would consider it a game over and leave. Amazingly on third down Garapolo is smashed to with the ground with full helmet to helmet contact. No flag because KC getting the ball back keeps viewers.
Will the Super bowl ever be truly earned again? I'm a Chiefs fan so my bias tends to the Chiefs. Without the officials they probably would never have won the game. Shame we can never know because they will ALWAYS do that unless the fans stop it.
Kris

Yepp, yet there are still plenty of people out their that won't accept it or refuse to believe.

They think we are just conspiracy theorist, even though their is proof after proof after proof. Some people will just never get it.

Sports Gambling is one of the biggest draws in America, and involves many people that should not be allowed to bet on games, including referees.

Dont believe just search Tim Donahue interview, he literally tells you, and he also tells you that referees are biast and the league sends down certain things that they want to be called against certain teams so that they can try to get the outcome they want.

If that happens in the NBA, then you can bank your money it's happening in the NFL, the biggest sport in America.

Their is nothing that we can do about it, and they know that. That's why they dont care to hide it. They have brainwashed so many viewers and people close to the business to never question what they do.

I hate it, this game has 0 integrity anymore. It was ruined by wealthy owners and Roger Goodell. People who only care about taking from the misfortunate to stack their towers of money even higher.

Yet we still support it, I do too, bc I love my team, and just hope that the corruption will end one day

Yepp, yet there are still plenty of people out their that won't accept it or refuse to believe.

They think we are just conspiracy theorist, even though their is proof after proof after proof. Some people will just never get it.

Sports Gambling is one of the biggest draws in America, and involves many people that should not be allowed to bet on games, including referees.

Dont believe just search Tim Donahue interview, he literally tells you, and he also tells you that referees are biast and the league sends down certain things that they want to be called against certain teams so that they can try to get the outcome they want.

If that happens in the NBA, then you can bank your money it's happening in the NFL, the biggest sport in America.

Their is nothing that we can do about it, and they know that. That's why they dont care to hide it. They have brainwashed so many viewers and people close to the business to never question what they do.

I hate it, this game has 0 integrity anymore. It was ruined by wealthy owners and Roger Goodell. People who only care about taking from the misfortunate to stack their towers of money even higher.

Yet we still support it, I do too, bc I love my team, and just hope that the corruption will end one day

It start gaining more steam when more big outlets pick up on it, I was intrigued by the interview Donahue gave to Pat McAfee, basically when all that went down with Donahue, it was under the guidance of the mafia, hard to believe they not a big part of it in the NFL to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom