NFL team drop rate (1 Viewer)

I think that the relevant conclusion that can be drawn from the article is that CGM has a legendary catch rate and is one pace to break NFL records with receptions. What happens when you take CGM’s stats away? The Saints would have to be worst in the NFL. And sure, you take any #1 WR off a team and catch rate may worsen, but it would be near as dramatic as for the Saints. The Saints have still won this season but it is in spite of one of the weakest receiver corps in the NFL.

Agree

I think we’re seeing Cook and Smith get better. But the drops by Ginn Sunday were killers.

Also, when I compare these "unofficial" dropped pass numbers with other stat sources for dropped passes - they seem suspect. Perhaps "unofficial" means "inaccurate" or "unverified". Lol

There is no "official" stat for dropped passes. It is solely on the judgement of the person watching the play. You often see some claim a pass was dropped simply because it scrapped the finger nail of the receiver while fully stretched out. When you point out to them how silly that is they claim he should have put a bit more effort in the attempt (They will never admit their favorite QB can make a bad throw).

There is no "official" stat for dropped passes. It is solely on the judgement of the person watching the play. You often see some claim a pass was dropped simply because it scrapped the finger nail of the receiver while fully stretched out. When you point out to them how silly that is they claim he should have put a bit more effort in the attempt (They will never admit their favorite QB can make a bad throw).

That makes sense. Thanks. And it doesn't correlate to a team's success one way or the other from the charts I've seen on it.

About 75% of those or on Ginn and Cook , Cook however is tending upward while Ginn downward
Would be interesting if they could fiddle with the numbers, and eliminate the receivers with the highest drop rates for each team.

Specifically, I believe Ginn has had 5 drops so far this season, or about 25% of the teams' drops. He drops about 14% of passes thrown his way.

If he take away those drops, do we improve? Would targeting other receivers result in greater efficiency? In one player profile (just googled it), his "True Catch Rate" was 71.4% which put him at #92 for the league!

Everyone drops passes. The thing about Ginn's drops that tick me off is they always bounce up ready for a pick.

Would be interesting if they could fiddle with the numbers, and eliminate the receivers with the highest drop rates for each team.

Specifically, I believe Ginn has had 5 drops so far this season, or about 25% of the teams' drops. He drops about 14% of passes thrown his way.

If he take away those drops, do we improve? Would targeting other receivers result in greater efficiency? In one player profile (just googled it), his "True Catch Rate" was 71.4% which put him at #92 for the league!

Not taking up for Ginn, but his targets are probably the toughest to catch, and on a dead run.

Think about this...we're 5th highest in the league when we're passing to Thomas 80% of the time (who catches everything). Can you imagine what this would be if we DIDN'T pass to Thomas 80% of the time? We'd most definitely be #1.

Well we definitely don't have 13 more drops than the people brought off the street that has played for Green Bay.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom