NFL teams are overwhelmingly against keeping pass interference calls reviewable (1 Viewer)

So, in other words, Al Riveron wins.

There goes the rest of my Friday.

All I know is you take the NFL and hold it up against the NBA. The difference in how the two leagues handle literally every aspect of their league and it's night and day. Some small examples:

The NBA throws out new ideas literally all the time for the sole purpose of increasing fan interest and satisfaction. Why, not bc they are awesome or cool, but because it makes them more money. This is the biggest issue for me as to why I have a hard time swallowing the conspiracy theories. I can't understand why the NFL doesn't see that a complete lack of transparency hurts their bottom line. So this almost sways me to the incompetence angle. And maybe it's not incompetence so much as hubris, but it's certainly easy to look at the owners and see how the difference between the two leagues starts at the top. NFL = Old money set in their ways been on top always going to be on top mentality vs a lot of NBA owners who are often coming from new money/ tech and have a mentality of we are #2, we want to be #1, what will that take. Also look at the commissioners and the difference is almost funny if it wasn't so sad. Adam Silver vs Roger Goodell, one is a clown and one is a thoughtful crazy smart guy who knows what the hell he is doing and has a big picture forward thinking mentality while not losing site of what matters most, which is the players and the fans. This is rambling but I think all of this sickness in the NFL stems from an institutional mentality that starts at the top and infects everything below.
Great post. Only problem is that all that forward thinking by the NBA has not improved their officiating. It is as bad, if not worse, than the NFL.

I was all for the rule, but the refs had no intention of using it. Whatever, kill it now.

Of course they don't. They know that when playing the Saints the refs will use it to their advantage by calling phantom PIs on Saints players and receivers alike.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom