NFL teams are overwhelmingly against keeping pass interference calls reviewable (1 Viewer)

Conspiracy theory: The NFL deliberately sabotaged this rule after it was voted in, b/c they saw it as a humiliating admission that the refs were incompetent. So there was an encouragement by the NFL to the refs that they really screw it up as much as possible, to make all the owners dislike it to the point of wanting it removed.
I'd believe that.

Conspiracy theory: The NFL deliberately sabotaged this rule after it was voted in, b/c they saw it as a humiliating admission that the refs were incompetent. So there was an encouragement by the NFL to the refs that they really screw it up as much as possible, to make all the owners dislike it to the point of wanting it removed.

I think it is rather obvious it is not a conspiracy theory at all. Rather the NFL is complicit with their officiating in further degradation of the integrity of the game by conspiring to not take a rule they are supposed to uphold seriously....

We’re never getting back that 2018 NFC Championship anyway. I couldn’t care less if another team gets robbed, we’ve already gotten ours taken away.

I look at this alot differently, if it continues to happen then the NFL is no better than pro wrestling and I will lose interest rather quickly.....

“I’d say overall the results were not great. I think it really is putting especially the New York office in a really difficult position.”
1. The results were "not great" because the officials did a terrible job actually using it. Even when obvious blown calls were reviewed, they rarely reversed the call even in the face of overwhelming evidence.
2. Putting the New York office in a "really difficult position"? Seriously? By making them do their jobs, or making up for incompetent on-field officiating crews not doing their jobs? Boo hoo hoo.

Honestly, I never liked the rule, especially when it became clear they weren’t going to take it seriously.

We’re never getting back that 2018 NFC Championship anyway. I couldn’t care less if another team gets robbed, we’ve already gotten ours taken away.
Yep 2018 would have been the Saints. Think sadly the window has passed.

This also shows if the refs don't wanna call something a review challenge won't change their mind.

Here is an analogy of the situation

Customer: We want hamburgers
Business: Ok, here is a hamburger. (gives an old sock filled with raw skunk meat)
Business: Do you want us to keep providing hamburgers?
Customer: No thank you
Ah yes, Oklahoma Sushi.

It was put in to appease fans and get them on board again. I hope fans remember the travesty of the no call, and don’t forget how bad and unreliable product the NFL is.

I’d say that’s less of a conspiracy theory and more of an actual explanation. That’s legitimately what happened.

Just change it to a 15 yard penalty from line of scrimmage.

I'd say we now have a couple more teams on our side now after they got jobbed, like the Lions. More teams means more itching for recourse!

Honestly, I never liked the rule, especially when it became clear they weren’t going to take it seriously.

This bullshirt of only caring about stuff when it affects your team is exactly why the NFL is able to get away with this kind of crap whenever it wants to because they know that every time they wanna rig something they'll likely have one fan base up in arms (the screwed-over team, obviously), one base that nearly unanimously supports the rigging (the team that benefited from it), and the remaining 30 fan bases will nearly unanimously be indifferent to it because they could give a rat's arse about fairness unless it affects their self-centered interests. If you have that attitude, you don't have a leg to stand on if you ever wanna gripe about the Saints getting screwed in the future.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom