NFL to Consider Rule on Runners Lowering Helmets (1 Viewer)

Running backs take absolutely brutal punishment compared to how pampered the quarterbacks are today.

I don't see them trying to make it easier for RB's. Then again, remember when they said "Quarterbacks drive ratings"? They didn't say the running backs were driving ratings. That's why this league is the way it is with favoring QB's. They drive ratings, and the NFL likes that. Just like they rather have a close wire to wire Super Bowl instead of a blow out.

Same here. I was always taught to never lead with the crown of my helmet either. I can understand the rule. However, when a runner in going down head first to try to get under a tackler, is this now going to be a penalty if guys instinctively put their head down? Hopefully, what all this will do in the end is take away all these big hits that the NFL loves, oh sorry hates, and promote good solid tackling instead of the great lowered shoulder that half the time leads to more yards being given up.

While they're at it, why not change the shape of the football too. Those pointy ends could bruise a player if thrown too hard.

We have allowed Nicks and Bushrod to leave. Maybe the FO knows where the "no fun league" is headed. Why pay big bucks to protect Drew when the officials will be charged with doing it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom