NFL to play 'Lift Every Voice and Sing' before National Anthem in Week 1 (1 Viewer)

Explain how you got your question out of what I wrote
im not following you at all

A black man gave unflattering thoughts on BLM and apparently wasn't going along with the "I'm black and I'm offended, and here's what you need to do to appease me" roleplay, so you were basically all like "LOL people getting offended over other people getting offended, how ironic".

So my question was simply..........if he took the extreme opposite position (non-peaceful protester), would you have more respect for him?

A black man gave unflattering thoughts on BLM and apparently wasn't going along with the "I'm black and I'm offended, and here's what you need to do to appease me" roleplay, so you were basically all like "LOL people getting offended over other people getting offended, how ironic".

So my question was simply..........if he took the extreme opposite position (non-peaceful protester), would you have more respect for him?

Did you just reduce everything that has been going on, which includes people being murdered and/or beaten live on camera to...

"I'm black and I'm offended, and here's what you need to do to appease me"

Did you just do that?

In your example is he still being hypocritical?

Did you just reduce everything that has been going on, which includes people being murdered and/or beaten live on camera to...

"I'm black and I'm offended, and here's what you need to do to appease me"

Did you just do that?

I dumbed it down for Guido since he was (obviously intentionally) feigning lack of understanding. Which I saw coming from a mile away anyway, and I'm not sure why I bothered.

Dood.

If this were baseball, the umpire would call Strike 4!

So my question is: what does your justice look like and what will satisfy everyone? Because at this rate we'll be left with nothing because everyone is so readily offended by everything. We can't sort through every sin or trace its effects or attach it to everyone affected from generations to generation. Changing the system won't change the sin. That's why people are never satisfied. We've seen how some BLM people react to those who disagree. If you disagree you become evil to them and they will not see you different until you bow as Drew Brees did. There is no allowance for nuance.
There's an old New Orleans term that I haven't thought about since high school that this passage brought back memories of: Passe Blanc. That passage, if you are indeed a black man, reads like someone commited to passe blanc.

So my question is: what does your justice look like and what will satisfy everyone?
My justice looks like police being held accountable for their actions. My justice is for everyone to be treated exactly the same without being judged based on their skin color, sex, religion or any other of the things people are unfairly pre-judged on. What is yours? You speak like someone who has never suffered the indignity of being called the n-word or being treated as if you didn't belong somewhere you were perfectly entitled to be simply because you didnt' fit the part.

Because at this rate we'll be left with nothing because everyone is so readily offended by everything.
I'm guessing you are referencing the monuments that have been taken down because otherwise it made no sense. Also, you are doing the very act that you are accusing others of doing. You're being offended that people are being offended.

We can't sort through every sin or trace its effects or attach it to everyone affected from generations to generation. Changing the system won't change the sin.
We don't have to "sort through every sin" as you put it. We need only address the original sin of this nation and the real lasting effects it has had on the people impacted by it. There are numerous studies that you can google that discuss just that. I agree, changing the system won't change the sin but it will damn sure fix it.

That's why people are never satisfied.
You should watch this video and ask yourself why no one raises their hand when the speaker asks a very simple question.

We've seen how some BLM people react to those who disagree. If you disagree you become evil to them and they will not see you different until you bow as Drew Brees did. There is no allowance for nuance
All I'm going to say to this is that it is apparent that you have a much lower opinion of Drew Brees' character than I do.

I dumbed it down for Guido since he was (obviously intentionally) feigning lack of understanding. Which I saw coming from a mile away anyway, and I'm not sure why I bothered.

"I'm offended about seeing people knee'd to death or shot in the back--unarmed."

"Please appease me by stop doing that."

"Thanks"

I mean, you did begin with the hypothetical opposite of the opinion you agreed with being "property destruction".

Not sure why that was thrown in or what relevancy it held.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...hem-lift-every-voice-sing-openers/5368762002/

Before every Week 1 kickoff.

Lift Every Voice and Sing was first written as a poem and created by James Weldon Johnson. The poem was set to music by Johnson's brother, John Rosamond Johnson, and adopted by the NAACP as its official song.

They're also planning:
I certainly agree there are injustices and blatant racism in the black community. We need to fix it. The challenge is where do you stop? How many other social causes should you play their anthem for?

This...

...told everyone that you were not serious about this....

While I agree any injustices need to be fixed, I don't think the question invalidates the desire or genuineness of righting those injustices. I think a better way is to address the qualifier rather than question the motives of the poster. He might mean well, he might not, but questions like what he asked can be genuine. Just a thought.

"I'm offended about seeing people knee'd to death or shot in the back--unarmed."

"Please appease me by stop doing that."

"Thanks"

You and I both know there are plenty of people out there trying to selfishly advance particular agendas and /or their own wallets from this.

Nobody (worth a damn) wants to see these murders continuing to happen, and nobody (worth a damn) is happy about it.

Last edited:
While I agree any injustices need to be fixed, I don't think the question invalidates the desire or genuineness of righting those injustices. I think a better way is to address the qualifier rather than question the motives of the poster. He might mean well, he might not, but questions like what he asked can be genuine. Just a thought.
DaveXA,
I think you are much too smart a poster for me to believe that you think that this...
The challenge is where do you stop? How many other social causes should you play their anthem for?
....should be taken as a serious question. I mean, do you honestly believe that someone could be that obtuse as to believe that playing "their anthem" is going to fix anything? Come on man, you are better than this. If the poster had suggested playing the star spangled banner to fix the Covid-19 would you take that serious as well?

The playing of Lift every voice and sing is not the issue here. The NFL is a rudderless ship and the move to play LEVAS is ridiculous and condescending. The issue here is addressing the real problem of police brutality and systemic racism. To suggest that playing any damn song as a means to resolving real issues is moronic as well as insulting. If the poster was serious, why would they suggest stopping? Injustice should be doggedly pursuited until it is wiped out everywhere. You stop when there is no longer injustice and playing "their anthem" is not going to resolve or bring attention to any other social issues.

IMO, this was a bad look for you even lending legitimacy to a post like this.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom