NFL to play 'Lift Every Voice and Sing' before National Anthem in Week 1 (1 Viewer)

The whining on both sides has been astounding. It’s is not about the song or the playing of the song. As an honorably discharged veteran this makes my blood boil! We have one national anthem! ONE!

It amazes me that people have completely forgotten the civil rights movement of the 60’s and want to go back to segregation because that’s what this is. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Dr. King is probably rolling in his grave, BUT this isn’t surprising! People only want to destroy history instead of learning from it!

In the Corps we didn’t have black, white or brown. We were all brothers and sisters of Mother Green and her killing machine. We we were all green and what mattered most was we were there together. We had each other’s backs no matter what.

It is an experience some of you will never know or even comprehend...an existence with out labels. Did we all love each other? Of course not, but we were all Marines and Americans!

We wrote a blank check for your freedom. I’ve lost brothers and sisters so you can segregate yourselves!?! WOW just wow.

So don’t tell me it’s about a song! It’s about the LABEL you have put on this song that has so people’s panties in a bunch. Racism is racism NO MATTER WHAT! And it will continue to thrive until we shake off the labels of Irish, Italian, African etc, etc And become what YOU are...AMERICAN! Start acting like it!

It offends you that the NFL is going to play some song at the beginning of a game? I am not sure how that bothers you. Don't they play all sorts of songs? I've never been a fan of ACDC, but they play that crap. They play the Macarena. I hate that, but I'm not going to whine about it.

You facepalm me because I want to direct away from having an ad hominem argument with you regarding what a third person said rather than focusing on the verbatim words of that person? Okay.

Only one of us made an ad hominem argument and it wasn't me. But the facepalm was because of your refusal to discuss something on a message board designed for people to discuss differences in opinion. And the second one is because you chose to care about a facepalm and because you continue to refuse to discuss the topic at hand.

Not sure why you choose to make this personal. I was trying to discuss the fact that one person who happens to be of a certain race believes something doesn't mean that a majority, most, or many of that race or otherwise agree with him. If you don't want to discuss it that's fine, but I don't understand why you chose to make this personal by accusing me of "mansplaning" when all I was doing is what happens on this board hundreds of times a day, disagree with a point made by another poster.

And, with that, I'm done with this.

It offends you that the NFL is going to play some song at the beginning of a game? I am not sure how that bothers you. Don't they play all sorts of songs? I've never been a fan of ACDC, but they play that crap. They play the Macarena. I hate that, but I'm not going to whine about it.

Psst .. I don't think they're still playing the macarena.

Personally I think they should play a song after the game and the winning team gets to choose. Then the games will mean something.

Psst .. I don't think they're still playing the macarena.

Personally I think they should play a song after the game and the winning team gets to choose. Then the games will mean something.

As long as they don't let Brees or Payton pick, I'm on board with this.

yea and people like Biden were against bringing everyone together. i think his exact words in front of congress was he didnt want his kids to go to school in an "urban jungle". what a sick man..

I would suggest this "quote" you're quoting isn't really what you're thinking it was.

and what's with the preferential treatment for the red boat? that thing always wins the popeyes races
rigged i tell ye

This, (playing Lift every voice and sing for the first week) is not special treatment. This is condescension.
We don't. Lift Every Voice and Sing was first called the Negro National Anthem by the NAACP because of its " power in voicing a cry for liberation and affirmation for African-American people. Some of the words of poem that the national anthem is based on don't sit well with some of us.
I agree that one anthem can show all those things but lets not kid ourselves. If you are talking about the wrong "God" as in Allah you are going to run into some resistance. Liberty and justice FOR ALL is exactly why the players were protesting in the first place. I mean even in 2020, Barack Obama, one of the most popular politicians and presidents in recent history is still just a n-word to some people in this country.
Why do you think that the protests (I'm not going to even call it the BLM movement because it's bigger than just Black lives at this point) are polluted with politics? This isn't about politics. This is about justice. This movement is about holding America accountable for what it claims to be. Do you care to elaborate on why you believe it to be polluted with politics?

By "This" I take it that you mean the NFL's face flop stunt to play Lift Every Voice and Sing for the first week.

Supposedly it's every game this season, but I've seen differing reports, so idk.

So much of EE is about race relations now.

And it should be discussed. I get that.

@St. Widge

I'm so tired of this.

Marsha stated an opinion that was not hateful.

I don't agree with her many times.

But we keep things civil. And talk.

The facepalming is just silly and unnecessary.

If you want to debate her.

Debate her.

@St. Widge

I'm so tired of this.

Debate her.

Cute Buzd.

I've known you have had a problem with me for awhile.

I have nothing against you.

@St. Widge

I'm so tired of this.

Debate her.

I have a few chihuahuas that like to follow me around like that......... Which is funny, because I almost never downvote/ clownface anybody.

I have a few chihuahuas that like to follow me around like that......... Which is funny, because I almost never downvote/ clownface anybody.

I never use anything but the fleur de lis. My choice.

Facepalm and the others can be funny if used right.

But I know an attack when I see it.

I never use anything but the fleur de lis. My choice.

Facepalm and the others can be funny if used right.

But I know an attack when I see it.

The mods actually said a while back that the downvoting wasn't to be used in an abusive manner........ Obviously sometimes certain things could simply just be that bad to where it is warranted...... But when it's the same people always downvoting the same individuals they apparently don't care for, then it's pretty obvious it is being done as a petty jab

The mods actually said a while back that the downvoting wasn't to be used in an abusive manner........ Obviously sometimes certain things could simply just be that bad to where it is warranted...... But when it's the same people always downvoting the same individuals they apparently don't care for, then it's pretty obvious it is being done as a petty jab

I like this board.

It's been a distraction during all this isolation.

This is just how I feel. Maybe I'm wrong. I have been before.

"Dead clowning" or "facepalming" is a lazy shot at someone unless you are willing to explain why you didn't like their post.

I don't even agree with it then. Just state your opinion.

If it's in good humor, that's different.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom