NFL to play 'Lift Every Voice and Sing' before National Anthem in Week 1 (1 Viewer)

BigFrosty

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...hem-lift-every-voice-sing-openers/5368762002/

Before every Week 1 kickoff.

Lift Every Voice and Sing was first written as a poem and created by James Weldon Johnson. The poem was set to music by Johnson's brother, John Rosamond Johnson, and adopted by the NAACP as its official song.

They're also planning:

to honor victims of police brutality through elements such as helmet decals or jerseys. It’s also expected that the Week 1 broadcasts will feature a number of educational PSAs about victims and their families.

Last edited:
I get that we are protesting the overreach of police in this country and everything but why in the heck is the NFL getting involved in politics?

Do they realize that this is not a friendly gesture to black individuals but a divisive one? The Star Spangled Banner is already the NATIONAL ANTHEM for all Americans. Last time I checked, black Americans are AMERICANS.

By doing this, it totally justifies the question: What about an asian national anthem, or a native american rain dance (for the redskins), or even.... a white national anthem. Imagine that.

Do we really want to sow actual segregation in this country? Am I losing my mind or is this country actually becoming MORE segregated?!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom