NFL to present new resolutions to Rooney Rule, which includes draft-related incentives (1 Viewer)

Ok I like most stuff Denzel* does, I will have to check that out (thanks GMR), I did see "Soul of the Game" which I really liked (Delroy Lindo, Blair Underwood, and Myketi Williamson, solid cast).

*I Didn't like Training Day
for whatever reason, when you wrote "Carbon Copy" it spellchecked to "Training Day"
??

Do you think the *current* system hurts black head coaching candidates? If you feel in any way that it does, then by your definition the current system is racist.
This is the crux of the debate for me. It's perplexing how easily one side can see the discrimination or injustices with this proposed rule, but for whatever reason, are completely blind to the discrimination and injustices that led to it.

It's as if it's only wrong when it's done to them. It's only wrong because they think they won't benefit from it.

"It's wrong when YOU do it, but when I do it - on a much grander and more destructive scale - it's ok."

White people have been receiving preferential treatment based on their skin color for eons. If this hypothetical situation riles you up, just imagine what the other side feels like being on the receiving end of ACTUAL discrimination.

Do you think the *current* system hurts black head coaching candidates? If you feel in any way that it does, then by your definition the current system is racist.
Yes. And I’ve also given a potential solution.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yeah, now teams will start hiring based on skin color and not the most qualified for the job..

THAT'S racism

Isn't that what they are doing now???? YEP, THAT'S RACISM AT ITS CORE. Hence the need to make rule changes!!!! I guess it all depends on which side of the fence you're standing on.

This is the crux of the debate for me. It's perplexing how easily one side can see the discrimination or injustices with this proposed rule, but for whatever reason, are completely blind to the discrimination and injustices that led to it.

It's as if it's only wrong when it's done to them. It's only wrong because they think they won't benefit from it.

"It's wrong when YOU do it, but when I do it - on a much grander and more destructive scale - it's ok."

White people have been receiving preferential treatment based on their skin color for eons. If this hypothetical situation riles you up, just imagine what the other side feels like being on the receiving end of ACTUAL discrimination.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!

Exactly, this problem goes much deeper than just the NFL. It goes back further than that. In regards to your question, no not gift them, but at least seek someone out to gauge their interest. Diddy wanted to buy the Panthers, but was sold to a guy who already had ownership of the Steelers. Tepper’s ties to the Carolina’s was said to be why he was chosen. 🤔. Had the NFL allowed bigger “group” ownership, then more African Americans would have a better shot. It’s set up for lack of diversity.

I thought it was because he didn't have enough money and Michael Rubin dropped out when the price got too high?

I'm glad they passed their additions to the Rooney Rule but tabled the draft pick crap. They shouldn't even bring that issue up again.

If I were white, I'd be upset and embarrassed that we've created and perpetuated a society where such a program is needed.

If I were Black, I wouldn't care if my dream job hired me because they were incentivized. It's better than NOT being hired because of my skin color.

If you're Black, then you know good and well getting hired is only 25% of the battle and you're not going to "achieve" anything else without working twice as hard as everyone else. You know your "achievements" from then on out will need to be extraordinary to even be recognized as standard.

If you're Black, then you know the 'advantage' you speak of is not a legitimate advantage. If an ER chooses to see the most severely injured patients first, few would be pressed to call their injuries an advantage.

Being the fair person l am, if there was a way to put racism back on the people who've dished it out for centuries, I'd do it. Because fairness.

This is so illogical, immoral and unethical on so many levels. I don't have time to explain. But if you keep living with that mentality (I pray not) life will certainly explain it to you.
You're thinking checkers on life's chessboard. Most importantly, who told you that you were injured?

Last edited:
I am of the opinion whoever is the best qualified should get the job.

Agreed 100%, which is why I think the emphasis should be on putting more minorities into the position to be the best candidate as opposed to simply giving away the jobs.

This is so illogical, immoral and unethical on so many levels. I don't have time to explain. But if you keep living with that mentality (I pray not) life will certainly explain it to you.
You're thinking checkers on life's chessboard. Most importantly, who told you that you were injured?
If I were you, I'd pray for more time so I could 'explain' stuff.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yeah, now teams will start hiring based on skin color and not the most qualified for the job..

THAT'S racism
Exactly, incentivizing an organization to hire someone of a specific race or ethnicity is the definition of racism. Why not judge a person on his or her character and accomplishments than the color of his or her skin?

Could teams get incentives for signing white running backs? Or how about black kickers?

This all makes no sense to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom