NFL To Present Proposal For Development League In 2017 (1 Viewer)

You know that feeling when you have what you think is a good idea and then a complete nimrod has the same idea and then you're all like WTH?

Instead of teams having to do extensive cuts teams can instead send 20-30 players down to some d-league affiliate that can't cut the p squad butter.

Then they can work on extending the regular season 18 games in the NFL and send more games overseas.

And there will be new multimillion dollar 30k stadiums in smaller markets galore to feed the d-league appetite.

I miss the old NFL Europe league. Thought it was pretty cool.

I did too. And as far as promoting football in Europe, it seemed to make more sense than interrupting 2 teams' schedules and flying them to Europe.

Let's see.....ratings are down, the league is trying to figure out why and they want to water the product down even more? Yeah that makes sense Roger. BDM

I would point you to articles like this that can explain to you in-depth why you are wrong.

It is going to be crucial to the long-term livelihood of the NFL for them to figure out more ways to develop young talent than just the incredibly narrow avenue of the college football system. Every single other major sport has implemented multiple sources of talent development, and in every case, it has led to explosive growth in viewership inside and outside of the US, oftentimes at the expense of the NFL (i.e. the NBA). And make no mistake: there is a direct correlation between the fact that the NFL has ignored foreign talent and provided absolutely no means for it to be developed and the predicament it currently finds itself in. The case of Jerryd Hayne last year is illuminating as to the serious issue they have on their hands long-term.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom