NFL Top 100 Teams (1 Viewer)

RaginCajun83

Saints/Wrestling Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone happen to know if the 2006 or 2009 teams made the list?

lol, OP not only couldn't be bothered to look it up themselves, they didn't even specify which top 100 list they were inquiring about. It's not like there's only been one top 100 NFL Teams list ever made.

It says TEAM in the subject line. Look I’m not unemployed or have a job where I play on a computer half my shift looking up useless information so I didn’t know if they had been listed or not and was just wondering

28. 2009 Saints (won Super Bowl XLIV): They started 13-0, but a three-game slide to end the regular season suggested another chapter of playoff futility. Coach Sean Payton and QB Drew Brees, however, wound up throwing a Lombardi Gras party four years after the city suffered Hurricane Katrina, beating teams quarterbacked by Warner, Favre and Peyton Manning in postseason.

82. 2011 Saints (lost divisional round): Brees fired off 46 TD passes and a then-record 5,476 passing yards for, by the numbers anyway, what was New Orleans' best team ever (franchise-record 547 points and 208-point differential to go with 13-3 ledger). The club was largely overshadowed by the 15-1 Packers in 2011 but had a much better, if more heartbreaking postseason, losing a 36-32 barnburner in San Francisco.

Thanks man. 28, that's not bad.

I think it's a horrible ranking for a team that started 13-0 and won the SB. People dwell on the 3-game losing streak as though that counts but somehow the 13-game winning streak doesn't. Only 3 SB champions have had one or fewer losses (1972 Dolphins, 1984 49ers, and 1985 Bears) which means they were only a game behind what's basically the realistic best record you can expect a SB champ to have seeing as how the last 33 champs have fared no better than 14-2. Also, the 13-0 start is still tied for the fifth best start to an NFL season.

The Tampa loss is inexcusable so I won't even try defending it but the Cowboys at 8-5 were an acceptable loss if you had to have a long winning streak snapped. The loss to the Panthers in the finale was obviously due to resting starters since the #1 seed was wrapped up by then. The offense was unstoppable and the defense, while generally below average, earned their keep and balanced things out with their propensity for getting takeaways.

In the playoffs, they rolled through the Cardinals whom had come one drive short of winning the SB the previous season. The Vikings game involved some things bouncing their way fortuitously so I won't bother using that game to try to bolster my argument.

The Super Bowl was closely contested in the first half with 10-6 being the score at halftime. The Saints outscored the Colts 25-7 in the second half though. Yeah, that figure could've been 18-14 instead if Tracy Porter hadn't come up with the pick 6 and the Colts had been able to finish off the drive but considering how the defense stiffened on the ensuing possession and got the Colts to turn the ball over on downs inside the Saints' 10 yard line, there's nothing to say they wouldn't have stopped the Colts, even without a takeaway, on the previous drive anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom