Speculation NFL TRADE RUMORS - How the Saints can leverage trade for Russell Wilson (1 Viewer)

just curious...what if Brees does choose to play one more year and Wilson ends up getting traded to another team with a trade of picks that you believed Saints could’ve matched?

Then, this will be the second time that a superbowl winning QB who wanted to play for the Saints had it’s opportunity die all because Drew came back for one more year and ultimately ends up short again in the playoffs Due to arm strength decreasing Late into the post season.

Love the competitive nature, but it would start to make feel like “enough is enough”

how Would you feel In That situation?

Last edited:
Assuming we can't keep Hendrickson outright, is there any way a tag and trade (agrees to new deal with Seattle) involving him, plus Peat and then 2022 and 2023 first round picks (and a later round pick if needed) works?

I’m all over this. I would let them have Armstead Peat McCoy or Ruiz if they wanted an OL.
Secondarily, I would then trade my 2021 first to someone for a 2021 Second and 2022 first. That way I’m not out of a first 2 years in a row and I have enough 2s and 3s to fill my already depleted roster due to having to make some tough cuts to get under the cap.

Sanders?

2 of the 3 guys listed get hurt every other game. Seems to me Harris can't stay on the field if plays in the offense too.
I'm counting Sanders as being released.

I’m all over this. I would let them have Armstead Peat McCoy or Ruiz if they wanted an OL.
Secondarily, I would then trade my 2021 first to someone for a 2021 Second and 2022 first. That way I’m not out of a first 2 years in a row and I have enough 2s and 3s to fill my already depleted roster due to having to make some tough cuts to get under the cap.

My thoughts were that if we sent them Peat, we’d shift McCoy to LG, Ruiz to C and then draft a RG somewhere in the mid rounds. I’d prefer to keep Armstead as well.

Part of my rationale for this was that they’d get better on the OL and DL and draft compensation. If this is a post June 1 deal, then we still get to use our first this year.

Pete Carroll has been in Jody Allen's ear ever since Paul Allen died. Jody has been completely hands off, so much so that Pete is now pretty much de-facto in charge. He got a 5 year extension and aside from being head coach is also the team's Executive Vice President. I don't see Russell winning this power struggle, unfortunately...

When Winston wins MVP and is holding the Lombardi next year don’t say I ain’t tell ya so.
We will sign a WR or Draft one to pair with Sanders and Thomas

We've typically not drafted WRs that have had an impact in their rookie season. That's not to say it hasn't happened (see Colston, Cooks, and MT), but it seems like most of our rookie WRs get a redshirt season on IR more often. I think Sanders, TQS, Harris and Calloway are a pretty good group behind Thomas. Hopefully all of the younger guys will continue developing.

<<HOT TAKE ALERT >>

LaCanfora reported two days ago that Brees will not be the starting QB for the Saints next year, based on the contract change.

Brees releases workout video showing the world he is still working likes he’s playing (after news of Wilson trade desires to NOLA)

Brees just watched Brady change teams and win a Super Bowl. Brees could have the savior impact on a new team, where his schtick is old in NOLA

Pete Carroll’s one of the older coaches in the league who wants to run the ball, take care of the ball and play defense

So...

We’re trading Brees for Wilson and 2 first round picks
Down with that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom