NFL writers announce All-Decade team; surprise surprise Drew doesn’t make team (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
So history will show Brees not only not making the 00-09 all decade team (which I understand), but also not making the 10-19 team (media always has and will always show more love to Rodgers)

Cam, Evans, and Sproles did make it for us

We knew it was going to happen. Rodgers has 2 MVPs and his biggest win in the ‘10s, while Brees had better playoff success in the 00’s. Really no reason to look at any NFL list ever again when the all-time leading passer doesn’t even make the cut for the their all-time list.

We knew it was going to happen. Rodgers has 2 MVPs and his biggest win in the ‘10s, while Brees had better playoff success in the 00’s. Really no reason to look at any NFL list ever again when the all-time leading passer doesn’t even make the cut for the their all-time list.
Would the no call not swing the pendulum in Brees’ favor though?

That no call hurt Brees’ legacy more than anyone IMO. Because in a world where sports debate is dominated by championship arguments, the refs stole one from Brees. But of course, we need to move on and get over it.

If you weren’t going to include Brees then they should of put Manning in over Rodgers

Last edited:
This is consistent with the media and players alike continuing to remember Rodgers 2010-2012 and 2014 more so than his last five years, which have left a lot to be desired.

2010-2019 cumulative QB rating, which isn't a great stat, Brees is 2.20 higher than Rodgers. I think most of those who voted would've told you Rodgers would be ahead by a landslide. But Brees has dominated Rodgers the past three years: +6.70, +18.10, and +20.90. Brees average for the ten years was 103.8, Rodgers 103.6.

Clickbait, nothing more. Not going to give it the privilege of my mouse. Brees is the NFC Quarterback of the 2010s and Brady is the AFC Quarterback of the 2010s. Case closed, folks!

The ridiculousness of these lists knows no boundaries across sports, either. You hockey fans out there will appreciate it when I mention that Patrick Kane of the Blackhawks, who was easily the third-best player in the NHL during the 2010s behind only Ovechkin and Crosby, didn't even make a top 10 poll for the 2010s that NBC put out there in late December/early January.

So history will show Brees not only not making the 00-09 all decade team (which I understand), but also not making the 10-19 team (media always has and will always show more love to Rodgers)

Cam, Evans, and Sproles did make it for us

The NFL sincerely appreciates your efforts in making sure they get more clicks for this by posting it here.

The ridiculousness of these lists knows no boundaries across sports, either. You hockey fans out there will appreciate it when I mention that Patrick Kane of the Blackhawks, who was easily the third-best player in the NHL during the 2010s behind only Ovechkin and Crosby, didn't even make a top 10 poll for the 2010s that NBC put out there in late December/early January.

Agreed, but I would use the word calculated (instead of ridiculousness). They are created to encourage controversy and discussion (clickbait indeed)!!!!!

I want Drew to get 1 more ring so bad. Just to stick it to all these people. Pretty selfish reasoning but I can't help it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom