NFLN Top 10 - Interceptions (1 Viewer)

clintjr23

Super Bowl Bound
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Coming on NFL Network at 7pm.

Anyone think one, if not both of Porter's ints will be a part of the countdown? If so, which spot?

I'll take a guess the Favre int comes in at #7 and the Manning int comes in at #2.

They will probably combine them for one spot. Probably around number 5. Patriots will be number 1 of course. Worst call in NFL history.

Was it James Harrison in the superbowl against ARI where it returned it 99 yards? That one sticks out

Was it James Harrison in the superbowl against ARI where it returned it 99 yards? That one sticks out

Yeah they are getting into the top 5 and showed the Porter and Harrison interception as a teaser so I'd imagine both are top 5

The NFC championship interception was on the best of the rest.
The XLIV interception landed at three.

Every other interception the guests commentators focused on the actual play. For Porter's all they focused on was how great it was that it happened after Katrina for the hapless Saints. I wanted to see commentary and breakdown of the actual play like they did for all the others. Disappointed.

Every other interception the show and the guests commentators focused on the actual play. For Porter's all they focused on was how great it was that it happened after Katrina for the hapless Saints. I wanted to see commentary and breakdown of the actual play like they did for all the others. Disappointed.

You really gotta look at the context of the play. That play was the moment the franchise grew up. The bag heads were buried. The "'Aints" nickname retired. All while the city was rebuilding after Katrina.

The Immaculate Reception is talked about in a similar vein. The steelworkers lost their jobs and moved away to survive. And at that moment, the Steelers franchise grew up after forty years of misery.

You really gotta look at the context of the play. That play was the moment the franchise grew up. The bag heads were buried. The "'Aints" nickname retired. All while the city was rebuilding after Katrina.

The Immaculate Reception is talked about in a similar vein. The steelworkers lost their jobs and moved away to survive. And at that moment, the Steelers franchise grew up after forty years of misery.

I understand that, but there have been numerous shows, clips, interviews, whatever that have pointed this out already. They strayed from the whole narrative of the show when discussing Porter's pick.

My point is this was NFL's Top 10 Interceptions, not Top 10 Franchise Turning Plays or something like that. They could use that whole segment again for whenever they make that episode of Top 10.

I understand that, but there have been numerous shows, clips, interviews, whatever that have pointed this out already. They strayed from the whole narrative of the show when discussing Porter's pick.

My point is this was NFL's Top 10 Interceptions, not Top 10 Franchise Turning Plays or something like that. They could use that whole segment again for whenever they make that episode of Top 10.

But that's what makes it one of the top interceptions. It was in the Super Bowl. It was the last play. It came at the expense of a Hall of Famer. And, as stated, the Saints franchise grew up.

As for the repetitive nature of XLIV bringing the city back. You can never create a news piece, article or TV show with the preconceived notion that the audience knows a certain piece of information. That's taught in every journalism class across the country.

But that's what makes it one of the top interceptions. It was in the Super Bowl. It was the last play. It came at the expense of a Hall of Famer. And, as stated, the Saints franchise grew up.

As for the repetitive nature of XLIV bringing the city back. You can never create a news piece, article or TV show with the preconceived notion that the audience knows a certain piece of information. That's taught in every journalism class across the country.

I get your point. I just wish they would have focused more on the technical aspect rather than the emotional aspect, like they did for the other 9. It just seemed like for those 3 minutes, I was watching a different show.

Maybe I'm just being picky since I haven't complained much about anything NFL related in awhile.

Did they have Larry Wilsons pick with 2 broken hands are do they still just pick stuff that makes for good footage?

Did they have Larry Wilsons pick with 2 broken hands are do they still just pick stuff that makes for good footage?

No. The only ones i can recall were:
Harrison vs Arizona in SB
Porter of course
Cromartie(SD) vs Indy
Blount
Polamalu vs Indy I think
Butler vs Seattle in SB
Al Harris vs Seattle - "We want the ball and we will score" game
Seahorn vs Philly in playoffs
Barber vs Philly in NFC Champ

Dang Im missing one. Cant remember

My issue wasn't the Katrina mentions, it was the commentators acting like the Saints won by those 7 points. It sealed the win, but Drew threw the winner by himself, and a lot of people forget that. The narrator showed the TD and said the Saints were ahead, but a couple of the talking heads sounded like they thought Peyton was driving to win and not tie. Annoying.

Yeah they are getting into the top 5 and showed the Porter and Harrison interception as a teaser so I'd imagine both are top 5

The thing I remember about the Harrison INT was the illegal block in the back on Larry Fitzgerald as he was homing in on a tackle of Harrison. He was pushed in the back and was planted out of bounds, but still got up and rushed up-field and tackled Harrison just as he was crossing the goal line. Once again, the officials screwed up a call. All plays should be reviewable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom